"But—"

     "Hurry," Sirius mumbled and placed his hands on Catherine's shoulders to help push her outside as well. "Madam Pince is glaring at us."

     "I'll be back," Catherine swiftly told Lily before allowing the boys to pull her outside. "And what did you do to make her furious at you, Black?"

     Sirius just chuckled as they finally reached outside. He flashed Catherine a devilish grin. "I think you'd rather not hear it."

     She gave him a funny look. Sirius blinked before catching himself staring at her. A clear of someone's throat interrupted them as James took Catherine's attention. "Valentine, I need your help."

     Her eyebrows drew together as she blinked at him, waiting.

     "I need you to ask Evans to join tryouts."

     She stared blankly at him for a few more seconds before bursting out laughing. Catherine shook her head in disbelief. "Are you hearing yourself, Potter?" Her laughter echoed throughout the hallway rather pleasantly as she turned to Sirius. "Black, why is he actually here?"

     Sirius snickered at her disbelieving tone. "Hate to admit it, Cat, but my idiot of a best friend actually wants you to ask Evans to join tryouts for Seeker position."

     Catherine shook her head at James whose face was full of hope. "You're mental, Potter. You of all people know that Lily Evans does not, absolutely and positively does not, by all means, play Quidditch."

     James's shoulders slumped visibly. "I know, but I need someone to play as Seeker. I need one so badly."

     With a sidelong glance to Sirius, Catherine said thoughtfully, "But I'm pretty sure you've got a whole lot of people trying for that position."

     James shook his head desperately, tugging on the roots of his dark hair. "That's the thing, Valentine. I looked at the list of names signed up for the position of Seeker and none of them can even bloody play the game! Our Seeker last year graduated already, and I'm left with blithering idiots who can barely stay three seconds on the broom. The rest of the players are a wreck, thinking we won't stand a chance against the Slytherins."

     Catherine blinked, taken aback over how worried James was over Quidditch. This small fact made the faintest of smiles touch her lips, knowing that James was indeed a good Captain. He wanted good players not just for his benefit, but for the team's.

     "I'll join tryouts," Catherine blurted out, confident on her decision.

     James didn't expect this, not one bit. He, along with Sirius, staggered backwards. His eyes snapped upwards to meet with Catherine's blazing green ones. He opened his mouth to ask if she was sure she could handle riding a broomstick until he realized that her eyes held so much certainty and determination, giving James assurance that she wasn't kidding.

     Completely forgetting the fact that he had wanted Lily to be his Seeker — and despite knowing that it would take a miracle for her to agree — James immediately grinned lopsidedly at her. "As long as you're willing to do so, I'd gladly give you a spot at tryouts."

     Sirius asked Catherine with curious eyes, "Do you have a broom, Cat?"

     This caused Catherine to laugh loudly, sounding similar to twinkling bells to Sirius. "Is that even a question, Black?" He shrugged sheepishly as she added, almost shy, "It's a Silver Arrow."

James's jaw dropped. "A Silver Ar — no fucking way! Those were put to stop in production because Leonard Jewkes manufactured them alone and couldn't meet the demands with his limited supply!"