"No, you arrogant toerag!" she growled frustratedly.

     "Oi, Prongs, mate," Remus called out, smoothly interrupting whatever it was James was gonna say.

     "What?"

     "Where's Padfoot?"

     Catherine couldn't help but snort upon hearing the stupid nickname. Sirius Black. Practically every girl in this school's dream with curly black hair and piercing gray eyes and a strut that oozed arrogance and confidence. He, along with James Potter and Remus Lupin, were the most desirable boys of Hogwarts and Catherine herself can't deny it.

     Catherine finished her food, spooning some pudding into her plate when the doors of the Great Hall burst open. Sirius Black himself strutted towards the Gryffindor table, only stopping by a Ravenclaw girl to wink at her, as he took the seat in front of Remus along with Peter Pettigrew, the fourth member to complete their little group.

     "Why, right in front of you, Moony." James grinned sassily at Remus who rolled his eyes, beginning a hushed conversation with Sirius about a full moon or something.

     "Lily," Catherine called out in a ridiculous manner. "I'm off to class."

     Lily's eyes widened at her as Alice choked on her pumpkin juice. "You?" the redhead asked bewilderedly. "Early? Since when?"

     Catherine's eyes flickered warily to the Slytherin table where the stupid greasy haired Severus Snape was.

     Three.

     Two.

     One.

     "BLOODY HELL!" came the outraged yell of Snape, followed by several other Slytherins whose tongues had now grown as big as their heads, lolling out of their mouths. "Va-en-ine!" Snape exclaimed furiously, his eyes blazing as they searched the Gryffindor table for her.

     "Since then," Catherine answered Lily who sighed at her prankster best friend, along with Marlene and Alice.

     Catherine wouldn't dare hurt Snape, considering he was best friends with Lily. But once he had called Lily a Mudblood, all good thoughts of him flushed down the toilet in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom cubicle. Whenever she'd pranked the Slytherins, she always promised Lily that Snape remained untouched. It wasn't until a week ago that she'd started to play a small prank or two to make sure he'd regret ever calling Lily the foul name.

     James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter stared at Catherine with dropped jaws, never having the knowledge that she actually was behind several pranks and mischiefs. "Tell me why she isn't a Marauder?" Peter voiced out bewilderedly.

     Sirius shook his head in a daze, eyes locked on Catherine as he grinned at her instead of his usual smirk. He shook a finger at her. "You, Catherine Valentine, are my new best friend."

     "You hit me right here, Pad." James feigned hurt, patting the right side of his chest. "Right in the heart."

      Catherine resisted the urge to roll her eyes, reaching over to grab James's hand and transfer it to the correct side. "Your heart's in here, you genius." Then, her eyes caught sight of Snape grabbing hold of his tongue, waddling over to her. "Whoops, gotta run." She then quickly left the table, only stopping to high-five her fellow pranksters, Fabian and Gideon Prewett.

     The twins hooted at her in wild encouragement as the whole Gryffindor table roared in humor at the Slytherins. Smirking to herself, Catherine averted her mischievous jade green eyes to the front as she made her way to the Transfiguration classroom. She quickly set her books down, plopping down to sit in the middle of the still empty classroom. Her shoulders hunched, Catherine scribbled down some more ingredients and spells that would perfect the tongue-enlarging candy in an extremely focused manner that she didn't notice everyone had walked inside the classroom.