the moon

moon
/mon/
noun
1. the natural satellite of the earth, visible (chiefly at night) by reflected light from the sun.

people give her strange looks when she says that her role model is the moon.

to look up to an inanimate object that is often overlooked and taken for granted is not a common phenomenon, however she could only note that the moon was such a pure being— nothing like any human she had ever encountered. 

to be such a plain object, but also to be so beautiful at the same time. it goes unnoticed by many, and only spared a glance once a month when it has reached its peak, or if it's color changes drastically. 

but it doesn't shine because it feels unappreciated. it picks and chooses who it shines for. 

for those who moongaze every night, for those whose camera rolls are filled with albums of the moon. prioritizing and providing safe landing grounds for the aspiring astronauts from it's neighboring planet.

the moon shines for the select few, but it's happy like that.

personally, she lived life for the loved ones around her, discarding any negativity in her life, for it made no sense in her mind to focus her love and care on ones that wouldn't reciprocate. 

but the moon did not work alone— it's partner of crime was always watching nearby.

the sun is the biggest, most "famous", object in the entire solar system. without it's contribution, the moon wouldn't have as much of a chance to shine.

like him.

jungkook, the name rolled off her tongue like velvet. 

he always has a way of brightening up even the darkest of days; whether it means serenading her in the park after a rough day of work, or breaking into her apartment building with a bottle of wine, his presence was enough to heal her soul.

he maneuvered his way into a very special place in her heart— irreplaceable.

she loved how observant he was. he noticed every single thing about her; every time she decided to curl her lashes that day or each time she decided to use a new perfume or switched detergent. compliments were surefire, shooting out of his mouth before he even notices.

telling her he loves her, and emphasizing on how much he does. 

every. 

single. 

day. 

she loved how her small hand fit perfectly when intertwined in his larger ones; how his thumb would gently caress her palm as they walked hand and hand down the street, whether he was consciously doing it or not. she loved the butterflies that appeared in her stomach whenever he said her name, that deep voice making her tremble at her fingertips. 

she loved the feeling of loving him— the sun to her moon.

and she wouldn't have it any other way.