Chapter 12

Yamaguchi looked at Kei in disbelief.

"T-Tsukki..." was all that he managed to say.

Did Kei really just do that? Did Kei really just confess to him?

Yamaguchi's heart started racing, he had a hard time breathing. While Kei didn't even know if he was breathing anymore. Even if Yamaguchi didn't love him back, he still wanted to be friends. He kept staring into Yamaguchi's eyes, waiting for his answer, waiting for a sign.

Yamaguchi blinked a few times before pressing his hand onto his chest. It felt as if his heart is going to rip out of his chest any second. The tension was so dense, you could cut it with a knife.

"Tsukki..... Why?" Yamaguchi suddenly asked. He couldn't understand why someone as intelligent and nice as Kei would fall for him. He wasn't good-looking,  he had those annoying freckles, his hair was a mess and he was as thin as a stick, he had no muscle at all.

"Why..you ask? Because you are perfect. The first time I saw you, I knew that you were special. Your looks and your character is what makes you so amazing. I love the freckles on your face. They resemble the stars in a clear night sky. Your green eyes are as deep as the ocean and I get lost in them every time I look at you. Your scars... They show how strong you are. They show that you survived through the bad times. I'm really proud of you. You are the sweetest person ever. You never complain to me, even when... Even when you and your dad got into a fight, you still brought drinks and shrugged it all off, just because you didn't want me to worry. How can I not love you, when  you are so perfect? How can I not love such an angel?" Kei watched as tears rolled down Yamaguchi's face, one after another.

Yamaguchi pressed his face against Kei's chest and sobbed into it quietly.

No one had ever told him this. All this time he was bullied, all this time he was hated, all this time he suffered and now suddenly someone told him that they love him. He felt how Kei wrapped his arms around him,  pulling him closer.

"I love you too....." Yamaguchi said quietly, he wasn't sure if Kei heard him, but when he felt the grip around him tighten, he knew. He knew Kei heard him.

In the middle of the night, they sat, holding eachother close, crying quietly. After a few minutes Yamaguchi finally raised his head.

He looked straight into Kei's eyes.

"Run away with me"

.

.

.

.

--

:)))))))

-hatari