Chapter 1

"I'm leaving" Kei said as he put on his shoes, about to leave.

His mother walked over to him.

"Just don't be out too long, okay?"
She asked, concerned. She knew she shouldn't be, after all Kei always leaves at this time and always comes back at the same time.

Kei opened the door and walked out, completely ignoring his brother who was about to walk in. His brother, Akiteru, looked at him hoping that Kei would at least say "hi", but he didn't.

Kei kept walking.

He knew where he was going. By now, he could walk there with his eyes closed.

He walked past many stores. Clothes, food, furniture. He walked past many people, completely ignoring their stares.

He knew people were looking.

He knew they were talking behind his back.

He knew he was being insulted.

As much as he didn't want to care - he did. He still did.

He wanted to forget about everything that has happened, but he couldn't. He couldn't get over the past.

Tsukishima Kei is a 17 year old highschooler. He has good grades and good attendance. However, he doesn't have any friends. And no, that isn't because he wears glasses and reads, it's because he hates people. He hates people with passion. He only made an exception to a few people around him.

His footsteps were heavy, he didn't care about the fact that his shoulder hit someone else's.

He slowly made his way to the building where he spent most of his free time.

The Library.

As he opened the door, the smell of books hit him.

Oh, how he loved that smell.

He stepped it, inhaling deeply.

Looking around, he didn't see a lot of people. This old library was practically empty these days. Not a lot of people came here.

Kei took off his headphones and put them in his bag. He then took off his coat and hung it.

He waved to the old library lady and instantly went over to the books.

Oh, which one should he pick today?

His hand traveled across many books, trying to find the one, when suddenly through a small gap between the books he saw him.

Kei smiled to himself.

"Found you"

That boy was here today, again.

To Kei's surprise, today he was a bit different. His hair was put up to a tiny ponytail and he was wearing all black. His fingers slowly traveled across the letter on the book. His face expression changed as he read some line.

Kei picked the first book he saw and went to the table. He sat 2 chairs away from the boy.

Kei didn't know him.

He wish he knew.

At first he merely noticed him, but then he took interest in him.

He seemed like a very calm and reserved person.

He seemed like a nice and caring person.

And that was the type of person that Kei needed.

He looked at the book that the boy was reading.

His eyes widened as he realized what book it was.

He read it a while ago. It's about a girl...who committed suicide after getting pregnant at the age of 15.

Why would that boy read that?

Then again, why the hell did he read himself?

He looked down at the book he took. It was "Oliver Twist".

Kei had read it already, but oh well, it was a long time ago.

The boy flipped the page. Kei couldn't ignore the sniff that he heard. As he looked to his right, he saw the freckled boy wiping his tears away.

That book was emotional, but was it THAT emotional?

Kei had an urge to wipe his tears away too, but that boy was still a stranger.

He saw how the boy closed the book, smiling faintly.

The boy suddenly looked over to his side.

"That book is good" he said in a quiet voice.

His voice sounded like an angel's.

"I know, I read it already" Kei said, but instantly regretted saying that.

It sounded rude and cold.

He looked at the boy who's face expression was blank.

"Great" was all that the said.

He stood up and picked up his book.

"C'mon Kei, you can do this! Just ask him" Kei thought to himself.

"Wait!" he said rather loudly. The boy turned to him with a questionable look.

"W-What's your name?" Kei asked.

"Yamaguchi Tadashi"

.

.

.

.

.

.

------

YamaYama 💙💙
Fck this shit you will have to bear with my slow updates xD i really want to keep writing this.
Hope you enjoy!
-Hatari