Chapter 8

Kei knew something was wrong.

Two weeks had passed since he was at Yamaguchi's place. Two weeks since their kiss.

After the kiss, things seemed a but awkward, but Yamaguchi never complained. However, Kei noticed. He noticed the purple bruises on his arms, he noticed his lack of concentration at school.

Clearly, something was wrong at his house. Kei wanted to call the police, but he was too scared to do so.

All he wanted to do was to protect Yamaguchi.

~~

After school Yamaguchi took his time walking home. He didn't want to go there, but all his stuff was there.

He couldn't stop thinking about Kei.

And actually, Kei was the reason why he has been living hell in the past two weeks.

Since their kiss, his self-esteem boosted a little bit. That day something big happened...

~~~

(I recommend listening to Sonder - Departure while reading the next part)

"Tsukki, I will walk you home" Yamaguchi said and quickly took his stuff. It was late outside and he didn't want to be at home.

Kei, ofcourse, was happy about this. He didn't want things to be awkward between them, that kiss meant a lot to him.

Yamaguchi quickly led him out of the house. It felt as if a stone rolled off his chest when he left that hell hole.

He and Kei walked in silence, but close to eachother. Yamaguchi liked Kei's warmth. Other people said that he was cold and emotionless, rude and aggressive, but Yamaguchi saw him as a warm, caring person.

When Kei kissed him, he felt as if he would explode any minute. It felt...too good.

He felt loved.

They soon reached Kei's house.

"Today was perfect" Kei said and placed a quick kiss on Yamaguchi's cheek, before walking inside. Yamaguchi was left standing frozen in his place, his cheeks burning.

It was late, but he wasn't walking home quickly, he was slow, stopping every few minutes to look around at his surroundings.

It looked as if the trees were glowing green in the dim streetlight, the moon was shining. It reflected perfectly on the tears on Yamaguchi's cheeks.

When did he start crying?

Why did he start crying?

He sat quietly in a bench, looking up. The stars were sparkling in the sky, he wished he could be up there, on the moon, away from all the worries and pain. He wanted to run away.

He wanted to run away from everyone in the world.

The small breeze of wind ruffled his hair. For the first time in years he took off his sweater. Exposing his arms, full of scars.

There, in a middle of the night, no one would shout at him, scream at him, hurt him. He was alone in his own world, nothing else mattered.

With slow, but steady steps he started walking to the river nearby, the water looked dark, but magical. He took off his shoes and stepped in, shivering slightly. The water covered his feet.

Yamaguchi closed his eyes, listening to the running water, grasshoppers "playing".

This was perfect.

This is where he wanted to be.

But, right now, he wouldn't mind if Kei joined him aswell.

His happy moment ended quickly, when his phone buzzed. It was a sign that he needed to go home.

That night, he suffered more than any other night, being left alone on a stone cold bathroom floor.

However, he finally did it.

He finally told them that he is gay, and even though he was in pain, he felt happy.
~~~
Ever since then his parents have been treating him like shit, but he had a plan.

The plan involved him, Kei and running away.

.

.

.

.

---

That song fits this chapter perfectly

-hatari