여덟

i remember when i first started writing letters to you.

i knew that i was never going to send them, but i wrote them to cope with my emotions.

'dear jungkook,

how have you been? it's been a while since i've seen you. i hope you haven't forgotten about me because i sure as hell haven't forgotten about you. how's life? i hope you're happy and healthy, wherever you are on this world. i got into a car crash recently. nothing too big, but i got dinged up pretty badly. the doctor wants me to go in for weekly checkups every now and then to check on my vitals. i kind of wished you had visited me in the hospital. but you're probably not even in the country. hell, you might even be dead, but i'm trying not to think about that. i know you're never going to read this, but i just wanted to tell you that i miss you, and that i hope you still remember me. take care'

i remember folding the paper, and sealing it with a piece of scotch tape, before shoving it in my nightstand drawer near my bed.

from that day on, i wrote a letter for you everyday. some of them were causal-- about the weather, what the doctor did, if mrs. min came to visit.

but some of them were pure heart wrenching emotions spilled out on a page, along with a few tears.

after writing these letters for about two months, i had accumulated about eighty letters in a box underneath my bed.

i hope you'd find them one day.

but i knew you never would.