day thirty five

• i published this yesterday but because connection sucks i republish it today lel

Fuck that, Do Kyungsoo, you won't approach him. You don't have to.

Kyungsoo took a hesitant glance at that newcomer Kim Jongin who was standing at the beach side under the tree shade, watching some girls and boys playing beach volley (practically it was beach volley, but actually they were just throwing the ball to each other and laughed). Ignoring the violent voice in his head that told him to back off, Kyungsoo find himself walking closer to Jongin and opened his mouth, surpisingly in a casual tone, "Hey."

Okay, you did. YOU DID. Now what? Straightforwardly ask him?

Jongin turned his head to Kyungsoo and blinked his eyes, awkwardly. "Eh, yes?"

No, don't ask. What if that was a joke and the Kai on the chatroom isn't the same person with this Jongin?

Kyungsoo handed him a water bottle. "Want some drink?" he offered.

Okay, that was lame as fuck.

Jongin smiled (still, awkwardly) and took the water. "Thanks."

"Now that I think about it, you don't look like 19 at all," Kyungsoo said out of nowhere.

Jongin almost choked his water. "Wh-what?"

Talks gone bad. Retreat. Retreat!

Kyungsoo raised his shoulders, then turned his eyes to the beach where their classmates were playing. There were girls in bikini and one-piece everywhere and the sun was shining too bright for Kyungsoo's eyes, so he lowered his head to look at his feet instead. "Is there any Hyuna kind of girl here?" he found himself teasingly asked. "Your ideal type is Hyuna, if I'm not mistaken?"

Kyungsoo didn't see it, but he felt the wide surprised stare on the side of his face.

"K-Kyungsoo--"

Kyungsoo smacked the back of Jongin's head before the younger boy had a chance to finish his words. "Where's your manner, brat? Call me hyung."

Jongin muttered while rubbing the spot that just had been smacked, "Hyung my ass. You don't look like 20 either."

They glanced at each other and suddenly burst into laughter.

"I've planned to tell you soon that it was me," Jongin told him sheepishly. "But the time wasn't right."

"The time's never right," Kyungsoo replied.

"Yeah. And you'd never notice that it was me."

"How can I? You act very different online and real life," Kyungsoo defended himself. "In chatroom you act like a five years old."

"Say it to yourself, hyung." Before Jongin got rewarded by another hit on the head, he immediately added, "I mean, you too act different. You're so talkactive and philosophical online but in class you're practically a walking dead."

Kyungsoo snorted. "Philosophical like what?"

"Well, take the two sides of a coin thing as example," Jongin answered. "It's great, though. Your answer to my anonymous question last time was really nice. I think I'm always the number type, because I like everything in order. But if I met someone whom a number type as well, I want to be the symbol so that we could fill each other. As expected, so thoughtful of you."

Kyungsoo let a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "I know you purposely asked that to give me a hint that Kai's really around."

"Kinda," Jongin answered shamelessly. "I mean, if you were really going to adopt me as your little brother you have to see me first."

They sat and talked a bit more about this and that, whatever came up to their mind, just like they'd been friends for a very, very long time.

And for some reasons, they might be.

***

"See that?" Baekhyun declared with a self-proud tone. "You both owe me ten thousands."

Chanyeol and Jongdae muttered some curse words before handed Baekhyun the amount of money they bet on.

"I can't believe Kyungsoo really took the first step," Jongdae mumbled in disappointed. "He's always the passive one."

"He's way too attracted to that weird chicken," Baekhyun replied. "Well, I don't give a shit about the reason. He made me twenty thousands richer. I'll treat them tteokbokki after we went back from this trip."

"And then Jongin will kill me," Chanyeol sighed. "He definitely knows it was me who told Kyungsoo about chickaibee."

"It's okay, mate." Jongdae pat him on the shoulder and nodded his head in a fake sympathy. "I'll get your grave ready."

"What a true friend you are," Chanyeol said sarcastically.

"I know, right," Jongdae replied happily.

Right then, a group of girls in bright colored two pieces passed by, their butts swung right and left in slow motion like what happened in those cheap dramas. The three of them turned their head following those girls.

"If Jongin would kill me, I better push my luck now," Chanyeol said. "Bye, guys."

"Hey, wait!" Jongdae grabbed the back of Chanyeol's shirt, but since Chanyeol was taller (and somehow stronger), Jongdae couldn't stop him, instead he was the one being dragged away.

Baekhyun clicked his tongue. "Losers," he mocked. "Bikinis are for the weak."

"Hey, Baekhyun-ie!"

And then came the voice that melted Baekhyun's legs.

"You said you would help me with the sunblock cream..."

"Yes, noona." Baekhyun nodded so fast. Only if he had a tail, he must be wagging it up and down excitedly right now.

"Okay then." Taeyeon smiled and turned around. Baekhyun could almost see her hair swaying dramatically against the wind direction.

God, I fucking love her.

• YEAAAAAH I've been waiting for this chapter since the start lmao so this is the last one!!! Kidding lol. I'll write the epilogue soon. See you then~~~

• in case anyone's wondering, Baekhyun bet that Kyungsoo would approach Jongin first. Jongdae bet that Jongin would. Chanyeol bet that nothing would happened because "they both stupid.... um, I mean, shy?" lol