The Start

CHAPTER 1

Rosie's

"Whaaaat?"

I did not just hear that.

"Honey, it'll only be this summer. Don't worry, everything is taken care of." my mom told me carefully, as if saying things slowly would ease my beating heart.

"But mom, you don't understand! Ale-"

"I know you can't stop talking about me Rosie, but please listen first to what your parents have to say." Alex cut in, a smirk plastered in his face.

Right. Even my best friend sides with my parents.

"Rosie, darling you don't need to fret. Your mom and I will not be entirely gone. We'll still give you calls, send you your birthday card, and we've made sure this summer will be the one that you will never forget the most." Dad explained to me.

"See kiddo? You're dad's right. Plus, we know how your brain works, Rosie. And we think we have the perfect idea to propose if you'll accept our offer." Mom continued.

An offer? Seriously? First, I was dragged out of the school by my best friend without giving me any kind of a reason just as the bell rang signalling the end of the school year.

Second, I was confronted with my parents holding their bags in hand and faces filled with shock as if they never wanted me to know they're leaving for that stupid vacation.

Third, if not for Alex, well, you probably know, they might leave without giving me a notice... Well maybe when they landed, they'll give me a call. But that's not going to happen since I've arrived just in time.

I suppose I could hear what they have to offer right? "Alright, tell me about this deal."

"Your mom and I have already talked about this since we feel bad for you not coming. But it's not because you can't go with us, it's just your uncle Mike wanted to treat us and he only bought two tickets. So we thought instead of you sulking around, you get to hang out with Alex Sanders right here." Dad started.

"What? That is the most unsurpri-"

"Can you please just listen first?"

When I didn't say anything, he continued.

"As I was saying, you can pack your bags for the summer and you could stay in Alex's apartment. It's non negotiable and I will accept no aguments. And as a result, you will not only be rewarded of having this summer free of any parental guidance, except for Alex's watch ofcourse, but you could finally live in that apartment you have always dreamed of."

Is he saying what I think he's saying?

"Yes Rosie, we would allow you to live in that apartment when the next school year starts. You could finally have that independent life you wanted. But ofcourse, we will still be visiting and checking you any time we want." Dad finished.

My eyes bulged. My brain seemed to stop. I really don't know how to comprehend this. Because one, my parents and I have been arguing lately for me to have a little independence since I'm turning 18 real soon.

And then not only does Dad told me the most unexpected offer I had, but he also allowed me to live with Alex of all people.

I'm not saying I never wanted this, because Alex has been there for me ever since we moved into town, and might I just say, my feelings somehow got in the way. Not that he knows really.

"I- - I don't know w-what to say." I blabbered.

But Alex saved me from embarrasing my self even more and told both my parents that I would be gladly accepting their offer and that we'll keep them posted during their trip.

Well seeing as my parents really adored him, with that killer smile and blue eyes and toned muscles- - well, you get my point. They agreed and left.

But not before reminding me to always keep myself in check and if doing things rightly, I might finally land myself an apartment with the first two months paid courtesy of my parents.

I think this summer isn't really what I expected.

AT ALL.

**********
Hey guys! I finally uploaded my first chapter! Yaaaay.

I'm sorry if it's a bit short and if there's something a little bit off but I promise I'll improve as the story goes by.

So what do you think? Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Do comment and vote! I would love to hear from you since this is my first story. I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thankyou guys! 😁