She stared at the board expectantly, waiting for something to come together as she tried to piece the puzzle together. She glared when they did not, feeling irritated.

The answer was so simple, it was proving to the professor that it was that caused difficulty. She wished she could throw a desk at the older male but she was alone in the classroom with her task in mind.

He's an idiot teacher. How do you learn from a stupid teacher?!

She rubbed her face before jumping out of her skin when a knock came to the door. She looked over before turning her full attention once she saw the familiar face.

"Ah, Mr. Shinohara." She greeted with a fixed smile, though her eyes were blank and calculating.

The man chuckled as he took in the formalities of the small girl.

"Why do you insist on formality?" He asked as he entered the empty room with with a warm smile. The girl forbade a scowl but instead gave a tighter smile.

"Why do you expect me to know you well when you leave me for years?" She lashed in return with her light tone causing the man to mentally flinch. Much like Juuzou, the girl had two different personalities that defended eachother.

She seemed harsh and cold, even emotionless at times but she hid it with politeness due to being trained into it. However she still had a childish and kid like personality buried in her due to it's repression for so long. The childish acts, sarcasm and snide comments worked as some kind of defence for her emotions, and was why she has not been broken and the harshness was what kept her alive instead of suffocating in her own emotions. Without one she would be dead or succumbed to madness.

"I wanted you to meet a boy I've been in charge of for a while... Emiko, this is Juuzou Suzuya." The girl eyed the boy who was visible after Shinohara moved.

He was pale and malnutruished seeming because of how prominent his thinness was. She eyed the stitches that decorated his body and his face that seemed girlish and young in a light but by the bags under his eyes, it made her well aware that he was older than his doll like features let on.

Stitches.... They are across his body... He's grown a liking for pain. He's been tortured mentally or physically in his lifetime.

The girl analyzed as if it was instinct. She wanted to say she's heard and seen a glimpse of him before, or point out that he was her replacement but resisted her cold and cruel remarks.

"Mr. Shinohara, she looks like a doll! You didn't tell me you were friends with a doll!" She blinked and Shinohara smiled at the girl knowingly as he apologized for Juuzou's outburst.

He was well aware that she had a habit of practically scanning someone's appearance for clues of who they were.

She squeaked when she was suddenly lifted into a hug and looked down to see that the stitched up boy had been the one who embraced her so oddly. She tried to calm her pounding heart as she awaited to be put down.

"You're so cute, Emi!" He exclaimed with joy as he shook her around causing her long hair to fall from the bun that held it up.

"Juuzou put her down! What did I tell you about?!" Shinohara scolded and watched the boy put down the small girl reluctantly. Her face was flushed and she looked awkward as her dark waves surrounded her face and fell down her arms.

"Again, so sorry Emiko." Shinohara bowed as the girl attempted to recompose herself.

"Whenever you visit me, Mr. Shinohara, you require something from me. What will it be this time?" She spoke and it made him bite the inside of his cheek. She always lashed like this, at least when she has not seen him in a while. When she was smaller, and he contributed to her growing up, he saw her everyday he went to work and was her primary caretaker. Eventually, however he had to give her to Arima because he decided to look after and soon become the caretaker for Juuzou and he knew he could not handle both. Obviously, the dark haired girl took the news hard.

"Juuzou, will you please leave us a moment?" The boy mock saluted and waved before leaving the room.

Emiko, finally found the ability to be collected once more now that the boy has left. Something was so offsetting and discomforting about him.

She eyed the man with leveled and cool eyes, expectantly waiting for a request from him. He only came to her or saw her when he needed something. This caused her eyes to sharpen and hardened, daring his request.

"I want you to talk to Juuzou, as a thera-"

"I'm not certified yet." Emiko interrupted and it caused the man to give her a weary smile.

"You're not required to be certified if the CCG sees you fit, and they have. I just believed asking formally would make this easier than telling you that the CCG requires you as Juuzou's therapist. He's grown aggressive and you're trained in emotions and mentality." Shinohara explained with a sigh.

She pointed at the door with a wrinkled nose.

"He doesn't need therapy Mr. Shinohara. If he has aggression beneath that, he needs medication." She answered cooly and took an instinctive step back when he began to walk closer.

"If that was true then you would need medication too, Emiko." Amusement in the eyes of the man.

She was not amused.

The playful poke did not affect nor move the girl who only crossed her arms.

"It's most definitely true, Mr. Shinohara." Emiko stood and the man had let out an exhausted sigh. He almost regretted having her trained after she was discovered. She's grown too controlling of her emotions, yet coy. He suddenly cursed himself, why would he want her to remain as broken as she was upon discovery?

"The CCG wants your appointments to be every week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You can pick the times to fit your schedule." Emiko glared harshly but knew she owed the organization her life so she did not reject.

She bawled her hands to fists at her sides.

"What is wrong with him?" She asked through gritted teeth, wanting to know what she was getting into.

"Wouldn't that be your job to learn, Emiko?" Her glare darkened to a glower before she took a sticky note from the desk next to her and a pen. She began writing before shoving it in Shinohara's hand.

"Just make sure he goes to that address at ten a.m." Emiko snapped before leaving the room.

Shinohara smiled.

He honestly did miss the small girl, but he wondered why she acted harsh. When she was smaller, she was always so soft spoken and hesitant.

At least she still somewhat respects me.

He chuckled.