Ch5- Iceland and the Kiss

I was in the locker room getting ready for playing Iceland. Coach came in "Alright we ready for warmups" he yelled. And we all started talking.

Coach was in a suit with his hair sleeked back. Averman being Averman had to say "nice jacket did you get two pairs of pants with that." We all laughed and Fulton and Dean talked to coach.

Averman went over and said "Nice haircut did you loose a bet." I was laughing when Adam came over.

"Hey Adam what's up." "Are you and that Iceland guy uh... Gunner dating." He asked. "Wait what??? No were just friends he's my best friend. Why???" "That day with Stannson at the conference he say us looking at each other and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder and glared at me."

"Oh yeah sorry about that he's always been pretty protective." I said "Its fine I was just wondering." And with that he left.

I was on the ice warming up when I saw Gunner staring at me I smiled and he smiled back. God I love his smile.

I skated out to the side and heard Uberjavik say from center prepare to die tiny duck in Icelandic. "What does that mean" Jessie asked. He laughed smugly. "You'll find out."

Well next thing you know Dean got kicked out of the game. Coach was yelling at the refs I looked up at Gunner across from me. "I'm sorry" we said at the same time.

Iceland got the puck and it was passed to Gunner who stayed clear of any USA team mates and scored. Iceland all cheered. And Goldberg told us to wake up cause he can't do this by himself. I just rolled my eyes.

We had the puck but Iceland kept knocking everyone down. An iceland player was coming at me when Gunner came and gently pushed me to the wall to save me. "Are you ok?" His voice was laced with worry. "I'm fine worry about you Gunner I don't want you hurt."

Dwayne got the puck and started showing off while I was screaming at him that I was open. Dwayne got knocked down by Iceland and lost the puck.

Goldberg saved Gunner's shot and I got the puck. I was skating faster than Luis but got rammed into and hit the wall. "Come on ref call something" I heard Gunner mutter then skate over and help me up.

Ken went and and tried to do a figure skating move but got blocked and went back to bench.

Iceland had the puck and was coming down Olaf shot and made it. Iceland cheered. Coached had a talk with us about our concentration.

It was the third period 4-0 Iceland. I went to the center and got the puck I was skating all around the Iceland players and shot it and made the goal. The crowd went wild and my teammates cheered.

Iceland got the puck again and scored.

Coach took Goldberg out and put Julie in Uberjavik and Twin went over to her and said "Send in a girl to do a mans job." "Dont break a nail." Twin added. Julie said "oh I'm sorry boys but could you help me with my pads." They looked at each and said "ya."

Long story short she hit them in the balls and got kicked out. Coach put Fulton in he shot it but the goalie caught it and when he took the glove off there was a huge bruise on his hand.

Twiny had the puck but I swooped in and stole it. All the Iceland players after me I dodged one. Then two more. Gunner got out of my way the I shot and made it.

Adam yelled "Ya she got two." Then out of nowhere Twin hit his arm really hard. I ran over yelling at Twiny. Ref pulled him away and I checked on Adam. He said he fine so I went back to the game.

Luis got the puck and almost scored but missed the puck and flew to the net. The score 12-2 Iceland. Iceland cheered well all except Gunner he was looking at me. Then Adam came over and pulled me to the locker room.

Coach came in the locker room. "12-2, 12 -2 you know what word comes to mind when you think of that.... Pathetic. You guys were brought here to play hockey." "What about you" said Jessie. "What about me Jessie" coach said.

"Stannson knew everything about us they were ready for us" added Julie. "Ya and u spend ur time in convertibles talking to all those sponsor fools" Luis continued. "Or eating ice cream with the Iceland lady we saw u coach" Fulton said. "Eating ice cream with the enemy huh coach" Dean added.

That caused a lot murmuring. "Hey what I do is none of your business is that clear" coach said.
We started to get undressed when coach yelled "Hey don't take those pads off we got practice."

Everyone complained except me. He is turning into Stannson and I don't like it. And so we ran sprints for 2 hrs.

*time skip*

I had a big bruise on my side from the game so I slept in my sports bra and sweatpants. There was a knock at my door at around 3. I, still half asleep, opened it to see Gunner. "Hey come in" I yawned. "Sorry to wake you." "No Gunner its fine."

"That's not fine" he said checking out my bruise. Then I noticed the bruise on his face. "Oh Gunner did Stannson do that to you..... Its because of me Gunner I don't want you to protect me I'm a big girl." I stated. "I will NEVER stop protecting you for as long as I shall walk this earth."

Wow I really love Gunner. "I'm sorry for today I had to check on you sorry to wake you up I will go, make sure you ice that." I hugged him this is why I really love him. Then he did something I will never forget. He stole my first kiss. He kissed me. Gunner frigin Stahl my best friend actually kissed me!!!!! I kissed back then he left.

I shot out of my bed now awake. Oh it was just a dream. I have been having a lot of dreams of us kissing lately. More than usual.