3.

(*The bold names with normal text to follow represent text messaging.*)

Rose: mom mom mom

Mom: rose rose rose, how is everything going?

Rose: great, harry is so nice. thank you for choosing him.

Mom: are you sure everything is alright?

Rose: yes, mother. i'm just really happy.

Mom: good, i'm glad. but I have to go. I have to board the plane soon.

Rose: ok, good luck mom. I love you.

Mom: thank you, sweetie. I love you too. have fun.

Rose: I will.

-

"Rose!" I heard Harry yell for the second time today.

I had shown him to his room so he could unpack his stuff, then went off to my room to speak with my mom. Now here I was, slowly getting off of my comfortable spot on my bed for a guy I barely knew.

"Rose?" Harry repeated, and I heard his fists begin to collide with my bedroom door to get my attention.

I was nervous for him to see my childish room, which was full of many shades of pink, but I knew I had to see what he wanted.

"I'm coming!" I groaned, walking over to my door.

I quickly opened up the door to find a concerned looking Harry standing on the other side, and I stood in a position that would block his view of my bedroom, to avoid any embarrassment.

"Where is that folder your mum said was in the guest room?" He asked me.

I probably would have fainted after hearing Harry say "mum" if I hadn't been so afraid of making Harry mad at me for taking the folder.

"I don't know. I'm not the one who put it there. I have no clue where it is." I lied, my voice quiet and shaky.

"Are you lying?" He asked me, his voice calm, rather than angry like I'd expect it to be. But how did he know I was lying?

"No." I lied once more, trying to keep my cool. "No, I'm not lying."

"Rose." Harry glared at me sternly, and his hand reached over and grabbed my wrist, his fingers pressed up against the back side beneath my palm. "I can tell you're lying. Your cheeks flushed red, and your pulse is abnormally fast."

I probably would have been freaked out by the action if it hadn't been for the tingling sensation I felt underneath his touch.

"How-" I began to speak, but Harry cut me off.

"Where is it?" Harry asked me, his voice somehow remaining calm, even though he should have been irritated with me.

"I don't know." I mumbled, afraid.

Harry gripped my wrist tighter, as if clenching his fists and forgetting that a part of me was held between his long fingers.

"Where is the folder, Rose?" He repeated himself, closing his eyes to minimize any forming anger.

"Harry, I don't know."

"Rose, you have thirty seconds to stop lying and tell me where it is before I disrupt your privacy and find it myself."

"I don't-" Harry interrupted me once again, "Rosalita Mae, you have ten seconds!" He raised his voice now, and his eyes reopened within a quarter of a second.

I flinched at the tone of his voice, which seemed to reveal it's true form within the first couple hours.

"How do you know my full name?" I asked, which I instantly regretted because obviously my mother told him this information.

"Don't change the subject. Get me the folder." I didn't say another word to Harry afterwards.

I really didn't want him to search my drawers, so I quickly scurried off and grabbed the folder myself.

Once I had the folder, I sped back over to the frustrated Harry and handed it over to him. I noticed that he was looking around my room, trying to force a smirk off of his face. I acted like he hadn't seen anything at all.

"Why did you lie?" He immediately asked me, as if I would intentionally tell him. I shrugged my shoulders, too afraid to answer.

"Don't be scared. Just answer me." He suggested, but I remained silent, staring down at the floor.

Harry lifted my chin with his index and middle fingers, forcing me to look him in the eye. "We will be living together for a really long time, Rose. You need to open up to me and tell me why you didn't want me to see what's in the folder. Otherwise, I have permission from your mother to punish you. Tell me why and I promise you I won't tell her what you have done."

"I just..." I breathed out, and Harry waited patiently for me to continue speaking. "I'm embarrassed by some of the things that might be in there."

"Would you rather tell me about yourself? I know you're too shy to have a conversation with me. That's why I need the folder."

"J-just look through the folder, I guess." I sighed.

"That's what I thought. Good night, Rose." Harry said.

"Good night, Harry." I replied, my voice nearly inaudible.

"I'm sorry for scaring you. Hug?" Harry put his arms out, inviting me to curl up in his chest. I was far too nervous, so I shook my head in response. The gesture was so inviting but I didn't want to make a fool out of myself.

"I can't." I admitted, my voice in a whisper by then.

"Come on, Rose. I don't want you to be nervous around me. Please?" He kept his arms out as a warm invitation, but now he stepped closer.

I sighed but wrapped my arms around him anyway. I rested my head against his chest as his muscular arms enveloped my body. I somehow found an odd comfort there, my entire body tingling with an overwhelming amount of butterflies. I felt so safe in the arms of a man I couldn't even consider thinking I knew. It was such a weird feeling, yet somehow enjoyable.

It felt as if Harry was the father figure I never had. I hoped that each night to follow he would wish me good night and tuck me in, and give me the same warm hug each night, or even plant a kiss upon my forehead or my cheek, or maybe both.

All these feelings were strange to me, considering the fact that I felt all of them towards an unfamiliar man that had just walked into my life that very day. And it was so weird to feel such feelings towards a man that I knew nothing about, who I didn't even know for sure would be here for me or treat me in an admirable way every single day for the duration he's with me.

Maybe the feeling I felt was the feeling of hope. Maybe I had hope in the fact that Harry was a great man, and in the fact that he would turn my life around in the best way possible, rather than making anything worse for that matter.

.
.
.
.
.
______________________________
A/N
Vote, comment, and follow if you wouldn't mind doing so. (: