Chapter 10: Carnival Time

~Scarlet's POV~

You walked in,
Caught my attention,
I've never seen,
A man with so much dimension.

It's the way you walk,
The way you talk,
The way you make me feel inside,
It's in your smile,
It's in your eyes,
I don't wanna wait for tonight.

I started to hum along as I brushed my hair, getting all the knots out.

So I'm daydreaming,
With my chin in the palm of my hands,
About you,
You and only you,
Got me daydreaming,
With my chin in the palm of my hands,
About you,
You and only you.

For you,
For you,
For you,
For you.

Now I can't wait,
To hold you in my arms,
I know I was made for you,
I'm in love with all of your charm.

It's the way you walk,
The way you talk,
The way you make me feel inside,
It's in your smile,
It's in your eyes,
I don't wanna wait for tonight

Putting on my tank top and jeans on I starred at myself through the mirror.

So I'm daydreaming,
With my chin in the palm of my hands,
About you,
You and only you,
Got me daydreaming,
With my chin in the palm of my hands,
About you,
You and only you.

And I want you,
Got to have you,
And I need you,
Like I never have
Ever before.

Oh I want you,
Oh I need you,
Got to have you,
Like I never have,
Ever before.

I walked into my bathroom and applied the smallest amount of makeup. Just a little bit of lip gloss and eyeliner.

So I'm daydreaming,
With my chin in the palm of my hands,
About you,
You and only,
You got me daydreaming,
With my chin in the palm of my hands,
About you,
You and only you.

For you,
For you.

"Scarlet, Grady's here!" My mom yelled from downstairs. "Coming" I yelled back and grabbed my phone, turning off my music. I checked myself in the mirror one last time and smiled at what I saw. I walked down the steps to see my mom interrogating Grady. I watched, amused and sat on the last step. Grady saw and smiled.  "What are your intentions with my daughter. You're not her first boyfriend so I trust her, but I don't trust you yet. What are you going to do to her?" My mother asked and before Grady was going to answer I cut him off. "Okay mom that's enough. I'll be back before midnight" I told her and grabbed Grady's hand. "Be safe" my mom yelled and I ignored her. The door closed but I could tell my mom was watching me from the window. "Happy to see me are you?" Grady asked amused as he opened his car door for me. It was the Haunted Car. So I was naturally a little hesitant at first to get in. "Don't worry, it'll be okay"  he assured me. "Okay but if I get killed in this death machine then I will come back from the dead and murder you. "How would be able to do that?" Grady asked as he started the car. "Asks the werewolf" I mumbled, not really having a explanation for my reasoning. The car ride to the carnival was filled with questions, bad jokes and laugher. I was truly happy. It had been a while since I felt this happy. As Grady parked the car, I gave him a small kiss. "What was that for?" Grady asked, looking at me. "Because I couldn't give you a kiss at my house" I said and I was about to open the door when Grady got it for me. "Stop using your werewolf powers it's not fair" I pouted. I always wanted to have super powers. Instead I got a crazy life filled with demonic little ventriloquist dummy, giant bugs and a werewolf. Grady snorted. "What?" I asked him. "I just like reading your mind for fun, its very entertaining" he told me. "Well I'm happy my crazy thoughts amuse you" I said sarcastically. We reached the ticket booth, Grady paid for our tickets. "Come on, we're going to play some games" Grady said excitedly, pulling on my arm and pulling me to all of his favorite games.

"Oh my god that was so cheesy" I laughed while holding the stuffed penguin that Grady got me. "But it made you laugh" Grady reasoned as we stopped for me to catch my breath. "Yeah but it was so bad" I wheezed and starred at him. That made him smile. "Whatever, you just don't want to admit you liked it" Grady told me sassily. "Uh huh sure. Keep telling yourself that" I sassed back. Thats when I felt him tickle me. "Mercy. Mercy" I yelled, squirming in his arms.Grady stared at me and then at my lips. Oh, he wants a kiss huh? Not happening. He leaned down and I leaned in. At the last second I smacked him with my stuffed penguin Mr. Waddles. I ran away and hid in the haunted house that they had. It wasn't scary at all but my heart was racing like I just ran five miles. "Scarlet, where are you?" Grady yelled and I saw him from the crack in the piece of wood underneath me. I almost stopped breathing when he looked at me through the crack also. I yelped when I heard him coming up the stairs. I went to the back staircase and hid behind one of the statues. Grady ran past too fast so he couldn't see me. I ran out of the haunted house and into the pumpkin patch. "Scarlet?" I heard Mark's voice. "Oh heyyyyy Mark" I said awkwardly. "What are you doing?" He asked me, amused at what I was doing. "Definitely not hiding from Grady that's for sure" I lied. "Well then you definitely shouldn't go into the house of mirrors" Mark said, winking at the end. "Thanks" I said and ran into the house of mirrors. I looked and walked around, being careful not to get caught by Grady. I bumped into someone. "Sorry" I mumbled but then looked at the person. "Oh come on!" I whined. "You're going to have to do a lot better than that to hide from a werewolf" Grady told me, smirking. *Ping* I got an idea. I smirked and he looked at me confused. "What are you going to do?" Grady asked me. I started to tickle on his lower stomach. He started to fidget slightly. Then he started to squirm and he started to move away from me. "Aw are you ticklish?" I asked him. "What? Pffft....no" Grady denied. "Uh huh, okay"

"I can't believe your car broke down in the middle of the rain" I said, drenched from head to toe. "I know but it's more fun this way" Grady told me as we walked to my house. "It's 11:48" I said, checking my almost dead phone. We turned the corner, my mom wan't on the porch yet. Thank God. "Well it was really fun hanging out and not hiding from my mom" I told him as we headed for my front door. "Yeah. I really had a fun time hanging out with you Scar. Sorry I was kind of a jerk to you at school" Grady apologized. "It's fine" I said and leaned up. Grady got the memo and started to lean down. "Thanks Mr. Tucker. We will see you in school on Monday" I heard my mother order Grady. I looked up from where I had fallen. I smiled at Grady who waved and walked over to Stine's house. "So.... did he try anything on you?" mom asked me. "No mom" I sighed and got up. "Just checking. I don't need my baby to be pregnant" she argued and I ran up the stairs. "Night mom" I yelled, taking a shower. After I was done I got ready for bed. "Never did get that goodnight kiss" I heard Grady tell me. "Oh yeah?" I asked and walked over to my window. "Yep" Grady chirped and I smiled. I leaned down and gave him a kiss. "There. Goodnight" I told him, Grady jumping down and walking to his window. I shut the window and closed my curtains. Tonight was the most fun I've had since we moved to this town.

(A/N: Song was Daydreaming by Ariana Grande)