Chapter 8: The Final Battle

(Alex Pettyfer is going to be Grady) 

~Scarlet's POV~
I ran to find where my brother and friends went but it was difficult due to all the debris that surrounded me. I heard the principle over the intercom, talking about how we should head to the storage room. I ran in that direction but I bumped into someone... Mark...great. "What the hell is going on?" he asked me and I felt sorry for the guy. "Mark listen to me, nothing in here is making sense. I just found out that my soulmate is a werewolf that tried to kill me and my friends. But your father can't help you,everyone in town has been frozen, okay? I need you to help people get to the storage room. Can you do that?" I asked him as I started to look for my brother. "I'm sorry i've been such an ass to you Scarlet, I was just trying to make my ex jealous by pretending to like you, if you're looking for your brother, he's down the hall" Mark said as he helped a trapped girl out of the locker room. I turned around towards him and pecked his cheek. "Friends?" I asked him. "Friends, nothing more" Mark promised me. I kept running until I saw Hannah. She was blue and looked like a ghost. I just starred at her and then helped her up. "Are you okay?" my brother asked her as she got up. "Yeah thanks" she breathed out. "Okay, how about you sis are you okay?" he asked me as he engulfed me into a hug. "Yeah, just fine" I told Zach. "Scar what's on your neck?" Stine asked me. I bit my lip nervously and looked at them. "My soulmate is a werewolf, the same one that tried to kill us in the store" I said nervously. "Excuse me?" Zach asked. "He only got mad because I didn't accept him and let him mark me" I explained. "Are you okay at least? He didn't try to hurt you or anything did he?" Zach asked me. "No he didn't hurt me, he only marked me. Don't tell mom" I told him. There were more monsters coming down the hall. All of us, including Taylor (who Champ apparently saved), ran into the storage room with all the other kids. "Mom are you okay?" my brother and I asked as we hugged my mom. "Yeah" she sighed as she hugged us. I stood next to the others trying to create a plan for them. God my head's hurting. I feel dizzy. My knee's suddenly got weak and I fell onto the ground. "Whoa, Scarlet?" my brother asked me as I regained sight in my eyes. "It's Grady. He's getting hurt, I can feel his pain" I told him. After getting back to normal I could hear Grady's voice in my head. 'Weird, I thought this only came when you had fully mated with your mate' I asked in my head. 'Not right now, it's difficult to explain. Scar, I need you guys to create a diversion of Stine driving away or something, I can't hold off any of these monsters anymore' Grady explained in my voice. "I've got an idea" I told the others and pointed to the chemistry lab equipment box. Zach got the idea and followed through with it.

"Did it work?" Stine asked as we looked out the window. "Not yet" Zach told him. 'Grady get out of there' i said through our somewhat mind-link. ' I can't, I need it to look like I'm still loyal to Slappy' he told me. I growled out in frustration as I watched him. They opened the door and the flames turned them back into ink. I closed my eyes shut and then opened them again. They cheered but I didn't. That wouldn't hold them off. 'Slappy's coming your way' Grady said through the mid link. "Guy's, Slappy's coming" I told everyone. "Okay, you and Hannah, get to the top of the ferris wheel. Do not come down" Stine told me. "But Zach, I want to help" I told him. "I'm sorry sis, I can't let you and Hannah get hurt. Go, I promise you if Slappy comes to us I will be up there with Champ. Now go" Zach said giving me a hug. Hannah and I sat in a cart on the ferris wheel. "Are you okay?" Hannah asked as I held my head in pain. "Just a bad headache that's all" I lied and saw the others climbing up the ferris wheel. Zach started to type down the rest of the story, Stine was distracting Slappy. All the monsters crowded around us, I didn't see Grady. The praying mantis broke the wheel, sending it rolling down the hill. We all screamed, terrified of this un-planed ride. We finally was stopped by the exit of the abandoned amusement park . We all sighed and jumped out of the cart. I could hear someone running. I got my bat in position to swing. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't need to be hit a third time tonight" Grady jokingly told me. I dropped my bat and ran for him. "I hate you for making me feel so much love for someone I just met" I told him and I jumped in his arms to give him a hug. Hannah was talking to my brother about the book and monsters. "All the monsters" Zach said to himself and looked at Hannah sadly. They had a little conversation of their own. "You know that I won't see you ever again?" I asked Grady as he caressed my face. "I know, I knew that when I ran after you, the reason why I betrayed Slappy, I did it for you. My life has been lonely, my wolf has been restless to find you, and now that we have, we're happy to go back into the book knowing that we finally had real happiness, just as long as you find happiness and don't forget us" Grady told me as the book opened up. He smashed his lips on mine, as desperate as I was to kiss him. He started to feel squishy and he turned into ink. I starred sadly at the scene around me. The only guy I loved and this is what happens. All the monsters started to go into the book. Champ closed the book as I stared at everyone. I was about to burst into tears but I held it. "Hey" Stine comforted me. We all stared at the book sadly, we all lost someone, Hannah and Grady. No one else but Stine felt my pain of losing two people. Zach put me in a hug and I cried on his shoulder.