Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

~ Scarlet's POV~

Ever wanted a fresh start from the world and all that it gives? Yep that's right Im in that stage right now. The stage of loosing someone that you care about, moving out of state because your mom got offered a job in Madison, Delaware and leaving all of your wonderful friends behind (note the sarcasm in that last part). To say the least I wasn't like my brother Zach, I was happy for a new start, maybe now i can have some real friends instead of the fakes at my old school. Okay enough whining, back to the picture. I sat in the back of my mom's car listening to playlist. I looked around and saw all the trees and green grass. 'This sure beats New York' I thought as I continued my sketch. "Madison, Delaware, wow" Zach said unhappily. "Mom are you positive that there were any other places looking for vice principals?" he asked. "Like where?" my mom asked Zach as we drove by the ice rink. "Guantanamo Bay?" "Oooh, too hot" "North Korea?" Zach tried again. "No. They didn't call me back" "Detroit?" my brother asked after a pause of silence. "Why can't you be like baby Scar back there? She's accepted the fact that we're moving to get a new start" my mom said turning the tables on me. "Oh no, leave me out of this. I just go wherever theres food" I said making them laugh.

As we drove up to the new house we got out and I stretched my legs. "It feels good to be out of that stuffy car" I mumbled to myself. "This is it" mom said excitedly to us. "Come on. Come on" my mother told my brother and I. I started to walk up the steps, not a bad house for an older town. "Look a yard. You'd never get this in New York" mom said, trying to sell my brother on this place. As i was looking around I felt like someone was watching me so naturally I looked at the source but saw the window shut just as fast as I blinked. "Mom you don't have to sell me on this place" Zach said as we kept walking. "I'm staying because I love you and Scarlet" Zach told my mom. "Aw, we love you too" my mom said and brought Zach into a side hug. "Wait for it" I said. "And I looked into it. Legally I can't live on my own till I'm 18" Zach told her as he broke the hug. My mom gave my brother a look and shook the house keys. I playfully smacked my brother in the arm and walked in the house. My brother and I had a good relationship, we rarely fought unless it was about food or music. We never hated each other, him and I could talk to each other about anything. As I stepped inside the house I was amazed at how good the house looked. Wood floors, white and yellow walls. It was very well lit and designed. "Now to my favorite place: the kitchen" I said to no one in particular. "Look at this kitchen. It's bigger than our apartment" my told us while she took off her jacket. "We don't cook" my brother said, trying to be wise. "Well, look at all of this counter space to put the takeout on. Whoooh" my mother awkwardly said, using weird hand motions, caressing the countertop. I closed my eyes and laughed silently. "Do you hear that?" mom asked. "No I don't hear anything" Zach said. "Exactly" mom said. "LIVE FROM NEW YORK ITS MY SISTER GALE" I heard a booming voice say as it came through the house. "With special guest's, my nephew Zach and my beautiful niece Scarlet" my aunt Lorraine said and gave my brother and I a hug. I took my chance to escape and went upstairs. "Better start decorating and get away from that crazy lady" I said and went to my room. After a couple of hours I was finally done (picture on the top). I started to go through my old photos. I really had changed. No more frizzy hair, glasses, or retainer. I stopped hanging out with friends I stopped dating guys, broke up with my last boyfriend when I was told I was moving. I stopped going to high school parties and just in general stopped hanging out and socializing with people. It all changed (when the fire nation attacked, just kidding) when my father died a year ago. He was a big impact with Zach and my life. He would go to all of my debates or my cheerleading competitions, he was there with my first break-up, my first car and my whole life. I didn't take his death too well. I became depressed and stopped pretending to be happy. I went though my old recorder and saw my first baby step video. "Come on baby Scar, walk to daddy" my mothers voice said through the camera. Baby me had a hard time with the chubby little legs. But hey, what can I say? I did make a cute baby. "Scar you okay?" my mom asked behind my door. "Yeah, just going through some old cheer photos!" I said and closed everything and started to get ready for bed. It was around midnight so i decided to go onto Wattpad, reading werewolf fan-fiction. After i was done it was around two in the morning. "New school here I come" I said falling asleep.