Chapter Sixteen: The Reveal

Adrien's POV

I glance at Eileen for some help, but she ignored my look and stood up.

"Mar! How are you? Happy birthday!" Eileen wrapped her arms around the small girl and smiled.

Marinette hugged her back. "Thank you, I'm doing fine."

Eileen nodded and let go of her. "I think I'll leave you two here alone. I've got some things to do back at the dorm."

She waved at Marinette and winked at me as she walked away. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my hands nervously.

The ravenette sat down beside me and sighed. "Hey Adrien."

I smile and look up at her. "Hey Mari, happy birthday."

A small smile formed on her lips before quickly disappearing. "Thanks, but I don't know if it's happy."

I frown and nod. "You want to talk about it?"

She shrugged. "I do, but then again I don't want to burden you with stupid love problems..."

My eyes widened a little. L-love problems?

"O-oh..."

"Relax Adrien, there's no other guys I'm involved with. These problems concern you and me."

"Oh..." I repeat again and mentally kick myself.

Marinette turned to face me, her eyes gluing to mine instantly. My hands, shaking violently, reached over to her and gently clasped them.

"Whatever you have to say, just know that I'm always going to be here for you. Whether we're dating or not, if you have real feelings towards me or not, I will always be here to help you."

Marinette nodded and smiled a bit, her eyes parted from mine for a few short seconds before looking up at me again.

"Adrien, I---"

Before she could finish her sentence, before she could even form the words in her mind, a sudden voice from behind terrified both of us.

"Ah, Adrien and Marinette, or should I call you two Ladybug and Cat Noir~?"

"N-no way.." I muttered and slowly turned to see who was standing behind me. With hesitant eyes, I blinked a few times to fully see who it was.

"H-Hawkmoth..?" Marinette said, her bottom lip beginning to quiver.

~•~•~

"Eileen! Come cuddle with me!" Lucas groaned as I stood by the window, watching the two lovers sit beside one another. "Not now Lucas, I'm busy." I hissed and continued to gaze on. It was a miracle that Lucas' dorm was so close to the mall and it was even more of a miracle that Adrien and Marinette were right next to a large window.

Suddenly, as if Father Time himself had taken a short break, everything around us had just... stopped. Lucas' mouth was still agape as he tried to whine more, but nothing ever came out. How come I was the only one who could move? Hm, something isn't right..

~•~•~
"Just tell us what you want, no one has to get hurt!" I grit my teeth, putting an arm in front of Marinette as protection.

The man laughed maniacally and stepped closer. "It's simple, I don't want you two anymore, but since you're the only ones who knows where those kwamis are, I have no choice but to get it out of you, unless you tell me now and spare yourselves."

"H-how did you get out of prison?" The girl behind me asked timidly. It was a question I had as well but thought it was better not to ask.

"Simple, ask my loyal assistant for bond money, regain my power, and finally track you two down to make sure that that power never dies out! Now where are they?!" He yelled, furrowing his brow in anger.

"Fine, I'll tell you."

"Adrien-?!"

"Excellent." Hawkmoth smirked and tilted his head as I stood up.

"On one circumstance."

"Oh? And what might that be?"

I took a deep breath before I stepped closer to him. Not knowing what would happen next frightened me, but I knew that I had to..

"You need to reveal why you want them so badly. Why are they so important to your plan?"

Hawkmoth swallowed and looked down, pain flowing into his icy blue eyes.

"To find your mother..." he spoke softly, keeping his eyes averted.

"Come again?" I ask, not fully believing him.

"I want to have the power to find your mother and I have... I intend to bring her back.. for good."

"W-what are you talking about? Why are you like this?"

"I don't intend for you to understand, but I'm going to make sure she never leaves again, even if that means I have to get rid of you because you're the reason she left in the first place!"

"N-no.."
~•~•~

Ta-da!!! Chapter sixteen is finally out after a year! I am so sorry guys!! I did not intend for it to be a full year since updating this book. If you used to follow me on Instagram, you will know that I gave up my account to a good friend and sort of.. left social media.
But I will not give up on this book!
So without further ado, I plan on finishing this book!
However!
It will have a sequel that is set in the future where Adrien and Marinette have children! More drama to come!😬
~MD♥️