Chapter Nine

All night long, I kept thinking about Gajeel. About how he was acting weird yesterday. I didn't know what was bothering him, so I couldn't help. I had a weird feeling that maybe it had something to do with me. Was it something I did or said? I wouldn't know.

Plus, he's not the type to open up or share his feelings. So if I wanted to know what was wrong with him, I would have to find out on my own. Which would not be easy. Today, we were going to go see the Hollywood sign. I wanted to see it for a long time. And since, I was going to go to the other planet, I wanted to be able to see it before I left.

Things went as normal, I woke up and Gajeel was still sleeping. Then I got up and got dressed in green booty shorts, a white tank top, and I put my blue hair in a ponytail. Gajeel put on, black shorts and a gray shirt. We decided to get breakfast downstairs at the buffet.

When we stepped into the dining room, I felt the instant heat. The walls were painted baby blue and the floors were marble. There was a long white table in the center of the room which had all the choices to eat on top. Surrounding the white table, were tons of other smaller tables with chairs.

The place was pretty full, considering its size. There were a couple windows. Each line with a white frame. On each table, there was a small pot with a blue flower inside. We went and grabbed our food. I got some eggs, bacon, and orange juice. Gajeel got the same except he added fruit and pancakes. We walked over to a vacant table.

"So....." I began to say, playing with my fork. "Yeah?" Gajeel asked, sternly. 

"You've been acting weird since yesterday. What's wrong? You can tell me." I told him. He seemed to be taken back by my words but not too much. He looked around the room for awhile, then looked at me again. 

"I think it's best if I don't tell you." He said. I was pretty surprised. What couldn't he tell me? He was hiding something. 

"I can take it," I said.

He looked at me, deeply. "It's not about handling it. Shrimp, it's about something......something......that you wouldn't want to know. Trust me, it will just make things complicated." He said. He started to eat his eggs. 

"But I do want to know," I said. Even though, I wasn't so sure. 

"You don't." He told me.

I knew I wasn't getting anywhere with him so I just decided to drop it. Even though I didn't say anything, my body language gave it away that I wanted to know. 

He seemed to notice but he didn't say anything. The rest of breakfast went without a word. Soon, we were on the bus, going to the trail. We were going to be hiking up there. I knew I didn't have any athletic ability but I was going to give it a try. Who knows? Maybe it will become my new favorite hobby.

In my brown backpack, I bought a water bottle, first aid kit, snacks, and a digital camera. The bus ride seemed to go relatively slow. I guess it was because I kept looking at Gajeel and wondering what was wrong. I knew something was off. And I was pretty sure it had something to do with me. I was just glad that today, no idiot did anything to me to make Gajeel mad.

Once the bus came to a stop, we hopped off. "Ok, so we need to walk a couple blocks to get to the trial," I said, looking at a map on the side of the street. Gajeel just nodded. Once we got to the trail, I saw how long it was. 

It went straight up and had a ton of turns. You could tell it was the trial because there was an indent in the ground. We started to walk. The trail was super rocky and the sun was beating down on my skin.

Every time my tennis shoes hit the ground, you could hear a slight 'bonk'. Gajeel was behind me, doing whatever he was doing. I was walking up a tiny hill part of the trail, and I slipped on a rock. I was sent flying backward. 

The whole world seemed to go in slow motion. Before I hit the ground, I felt some sort of solid object preventing me from hitting the ground. I looked up and saw Gajeel's face. He caught me. I stared blankly at him. 

"You better watch where ya going Shrimp," He said, laughing. 

"Thank you," I said, smiling.

He put me back down on the ground and kept walking. I was looking down for a while before I caught a glimpse of the end of the trail. I saw, the Hollywood sign. I jumped with excitement. 

"We did it!" I almost screamed. I could hear Gajeel laughing but I didn't care. Near the Hollywood sign were a boy and a girl.

The girl was blonde, and she was wearing blue shorts with a black tank top. The guy was a redhead. He was wearing a floral shirt and gray shorts. I could tell they were a couple form the way that she looked at him. 

And the way he looked at her. She was looking at the view when I saw the guy reach into his pocket.

He took out a red box. He tapped the girl on the shoulder and kneeled down. He then, opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but tears started to grow in her eyes. She nodded and reached her finger out.

He slides the ring on and they kissed. I looked down, feeling awkward and sad. Awkward, because Gajeel was right next to me. Sad, because I knew I wouldn't be able to ever experience that. Plus, even I wasn't going to the planet, who was going to want me? A flat-chested short girl. Nobody.

The happy couple walked away from the sign, so I went. I gestured Gajeel with my hand. He followed. I looked over LA. "It's beautiful," I said, in awe. "So are you"

---------------------------------
Hey everyone! Two and half days of school left! WOOOP WOOOP! (I have a half day the last day of school) Also, thank you guys for over 150 reads!! It's so great that I have readers like you guys! You're the best! So this summer, you might get annoyed with all the updates I write ^*^ so just be prepared! Anyways, remember to comment and vote! Tell me what you thought of the chapter!