Chapter Four

Lucy just stared blankly at me. "Oh.....that's right...." She said looking down. 

"Yeah....." Was all I said. The rest of the time I was at Lucy's it was just awkward. When I finally left I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to do about Gajeel.

'i think....i think that i already like him'

I just pushed the thought away. Once I got to my house I just ran to my bedroom shut the door and crashed into my bed. I was holding a pillow so tight the fabric almost broke. After a while I let go because I heard my phone buzz. And the message was from none other then Gajeel.

Gajeel: Do you want to go to Cheesecake Factory with me tomorrow at 7:00?

Me: Sure!

I tried to sound happy and excited but I really didn't want to have to tell him about going to the planet.

Gajeel: Ok it's the one by the Walmart do you know where it is?

Me: Yeah : )

Gajeel: Just meet me there

Me: Sounds good

I turned my phone off and stared at the dark screen. Tomorrow was Friday so I would still have to go to work. Since I was so tired because I barely got any sleep the night before I fell asleep right then and there. With my uniform still on.

*time skip to 6:00 the next day*

Work went by super slow. I kept trying to figure out how I was going to tell Gajeel, but I couldn't come up with anything. I just let out a sigh and went to my closet to see what I would wear. After some time, I decided on a black, flowery blouse with dark blue skinny jeans and black combat boots that went up to my knee. I brushed out my hair and curled the ends a little bit. I did my makeup, grabbed my purse, then headed out the door.

There was really no traffic so I got there pretty quick. It was around 6:50 so Gajeel should be here soon. Right after I looked at my phone to see the time I saw a black Honda park near the restaurant and Gajeel came out. He was wearing a gray shirt with ripped up jeans. He shoes were black but you could barely see them because his jeans were so long. When he came up to me my heart started to speed up.

'just ignore your feelings.'

"You look nice Shrimp!" He said with a faint smile. I could feel my face get red. 

"T-Thanks! Same to you!" I said trying to avoid eye contact. We walked in and Gajeel told the girl at the front for a table for two. I guess they weren't that busy because she took us right to our seats. Gajeel pulled my chair out for me which made my face grow even redder.

Once he took his seat the waitress asked us what we wanted to drink. 

"Can I have an iced tea, please? With lemon" I said smiling. 

"Sure! And for you?" She asked Gajeel. "Some Pepsi" The girl just nodded and went away. I just looked down at the table trying to not look into his crimson eyes. 

"What's the matter Shrimp? You look like somethings bothering ya" He said. I just played with my fingers. I let out a sigh. 

"I don't think you want to know. But you might not care....." I said.

'i mean, he might not even give a crap that i'm leaving right?'

I looked up to see a confused Gajeel staring at me. 

"Shoot" He finally said sternly. 

"I.....I....." I trailed off. After a second I recovered and continued, "So, do you remember how I found a new planet?" He just nodded. "Well, since I discovered it I would be able to go to it to study it. And it's been my dream to do that for so long" I said trying to force a smile.

"Then that's great Shrimp! How long will you be on it?" He asked. 

"That's what I didn't want to tell you.....I will never be able to come back." I managed to say. He just stood there and his face seemed to grow into a scowl. He looked almost......mad. I gulped hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid. 

"When are ya leaving?" He growled. 

"U-Ummm.... in six months" I stammered.

His hands were in fists, and his face looked like it was about to explode. After a while the silence got uncomfortable. "I'm sorry......But I have to do this" I said trying not to upset him even more. "It's fine" Was all he said.

'i didn't think he would take it this way......'

"Shrimp..." He said after a while. "Yeah?" I asked. 

"Of course I care. Why would you think I wouldn't?" He said. His face loosened a bit which made me relax more. 

"Because I didn't think it would affect you all that much....." I said. He just let out a growl. The rest of dinner went without a word.

The only time he spoke, was when he was ordering his food. When the bill came I reached for it but he quickly picked it up. 

"Bye Shrimp," He said after paying for the check. 

"Bye Gajeel......" I said as he was getting out of his seat. Well, this ended horribly. When I was walking towards the train station I felt like I was in one of those tragic romance movies when the guy says he doesn't love the girl and she walks on the sidewalk all alone. Once I got to my apartment I flopped on the couch and put on a movie.

I grabbed popcorn and ice cream and started to watch it. It was about a girl, who got accused of doing a crime that she didn't do and everyone thought that she did it. In the middle of the movie, I felt my phone buzz from my pocket.

Lucy: How did it go?

Me: Horrible.

Lucy: Awww! Levy-chan I'm so sorry! : (

Me: It's ok...... It's my own fault.

Lucy: Do you want me to come over?

Me: That would be great

Lucy: I'll be there in 5

I put my phone down and continued my movie. In about five minutes, as promised I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Lucy holding a giant bag full of stuff. 

"I bought some stuff to cheer you up!" She said cheerfully. 

"Thanks!" I said. She smiled and heaved her giant bag into my bedroom and put it on the bed. It was so big, it covered almost the entire bed.

She started to fumble through the bag and pulled out some bottles of different lotions. "I thought we might give each other massages," She said holding up my favorite lotion. 

"You know me so well" I smiled. The rest of the night consisted of massages, movies, nails, hair, and talking. At around 2:00 A.M. I remembered that I had trained the next day.

Makarov had moved it up since I told him I was ready. I groaned. 

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked. We were sitting on my bad on opposing sides so she was facing me. 

"I have training tomorrow and I have to be there by 7:00 A.M," I said while putting a pillow to my face. 

"That's a little bad......" She said. 

"I knooow" I said while groaning into the pillow. "We better go to sleep then," She said while getting up and getting her sleeping bag form her bag.

My bed was only big enough for me to sleep in so whenever Lucy stayed over she slept in a sleeping bag. 

"Your right," I said putting my pillow back in its place. I turned off the lights and bundled up in my blankets. 

"Good night Lu," I said dozing off. "Night Lev"

--------------------------
Hey peeps!! I just wanted to say, thank you guys for all the support on both of my fanfics, it means a lot to me! So many people have been adding my stories to their reading lists its crazy! Also my other fanfic, Safety is getting so much support it's absolutely AMAZING! I know this story might be a little boring now, but I have some plans *hint, hint, clue, clue* for upcoming chapters that I think you guys will like! Anyways, remember to vote and comment, I love to hear what you guys think of my stories!