Chapter 4 - Unwanted and Unknown Emotions Surfacing

Start from the beginning

So it’s Brian.

BRIAN!?

She jumped off of her bed and answered the call quickly, “Hello? Brian??”

“Oi, idiot.”

That voice. She grimaced, “Where’s Brian?”

It’s Stanley in the other line. That must mean he went home last night while she was sleeping.

“He’s taking a bath,” he replied in a bored voice. “Listen up, he’s still mad at us. And it’s getting uncomfortable, especially for me. Do something about it.”

“How were you able to get his cellphone when he’s still mad at you? Wait, did you sneak into his room..?”

“Don’t be a baby and shut up.”

She growled, “Why not tell it to me personally? Like at school.”

“No way. I don’t want to be seen talking to an idiot such as you. I might be considered one.”

“Why you…”

“Just do something and fix your mistake.”

“My mistake? Why do you keep repeating it like it’s my fault? It’s your fault!”

“If you didn’t answer me then, there wouldn’t be any argument.”

“Oh, fine! It’s both our fault! Which implies we should think of what to do together.”

“Are you crazy? I don’t want to be with you. Just think of ways like inviting him to the bookstore or… or make strawberry cake together.”

Make strawber—Wait a second. That reminds her… She invited Brian to cook cake together last week, and she did it through text. Which means! “You read my text messages to Brian???”

He fell silent in the other line, then said, “It aint my fault he didn’t privatize his messages.”

“How dare you! I hate you!”

“I know. Just get on with it and apologize, okay?”

Then the line was out.

She couldn’t believe it. His rudeness is unlike any other!His rudeness just kills all the happiness  in the world! He is the highest official in Rude Planet!

‘And to think he called me first thing in the morning. Now my day is ruined!’

But one statement of his always echoed in her mind.

I don’t want to be with you.

It felt like that single sentence ruined her day.

_ ~ _

“Bry? Can we talk for a second?”

Zoe was at the SSG office to talk to Brian. She found him sitting on a chair, reading some papers. He looked at her, “Sorry, Zoe. I have a lot of things to do.”

“Just a minute, please?”

Not planning to take it long enough, he exasperatedly said, “What is it?”

She cleared her throat, “Uhm, I’m sorry, Brian. I really miss you and being with you is my happiness. So please, peace..?”

She smiled awkwardly. As he stared at her, a low chuckle escaped from his throat. “Zoe, you’re so unfair, do you know that?”

She tilted her head, “’Cause you can’t resist me?”

“Exactly,” he stood up and ruffled her hair, “So, let’s eat lunch together?”