Chapter 8:

"Sofia wake up," a voice says. I groan and roll to face the wall eyes still closed. The person sighs. "Caleb has ran away." I open my eyes immediately. I see Tara over me. I look at my alarm clock it 6:00am.

"Good that worked. Now time for training. Get dressed," Tara says walking out if the room.

I sigh and pull out some shorts and a simple t shirt. I grab a pair of vans and walk out of my room where Tara is waiting for me.

"Let's go," she says dragging me out of the house and to hers.

"Come onions been an hour! How long does it take for you to get wings out?" Tara says growing impatient. All I've done since I got here was practise trying to grow my wings out of my back and retract them back in. So far I haven't even got past the first step.

"Tara give me a break, I've never done it before," I sigh trying to push my wings out of my back. Suddenly I feel something grow out of my back.

"It's a miracle she's done it! Now try and retract them. Then repeat that again till I say stop." I continue doing as Tara. After half a hour of practise, Tara then makes me practise flying.

"Right now you have gotten the hang of the basics. You are now going to fight," Tara says bringing in a tall guy.

"What about school! It's nine o'clock!" I protest.

"It's a Friday. You can be sick," Tara says, "now fight."

The guy steps towards me backing me into a a corner. Did I mention we were in Tara's lab. I pulls his hand back and I duck under him before running out of the lab. I run outside and make the mistake of looking back. He is right on my tail. I stop and turn to face him. He smiles really creepily at me. He runs towards me and I will myself to fly up. He jumps up to pull me down. I kick him in the face as I drop to my knees. His face squishes in then back to normal. I look at him in confusion and he take the chance to punch me. His hand squishes into my cheek then back to normal. There was some kind of magic involved. He takes that chance to push me against a tree squishing my wings. I struggle to get free my wings feel like there are going to break. I think quickly on what I'm going to do. I lift my knee up and him were it hurts.

I get up and fly onto the roof. I hide behind a chimney and watch him. He gets up and looks around in confusion. I take this chance to fly down and prepare to hit him. He turns around at the right moment and grabs me by the wings. I feel my wings bending. Just as they are about to break, a person tackles the guy to the floor and starts punching him. I drop to the floor but look up to see Caleb punching the magical person. I force myself up and pull Caleb off the guy who disappears.

"It was magical," I say weakly.

""Good fight Sofia. Though you could of retracted your wings a bit often but other than that good fight," Tara says coming towards us, "But he shouldn't of interrupted."

"If I hadn't of interrupted she would of died," Caleb says over reacting.

"Caleb you over reacting. I wouldn't of died, it's apart if my training," I say calmly wings still hurting.

"Well if I hadn't of helped you your wings would of been broken!" He hisses.

"I can manage myself!" I raise my voice at him.

"As if!" He says raising his voice at me.

"I can. You don't know me!" I yell. I hear Tara whisper scoff something like mates.

"I do. Your my mate! I can feel when your hurting!"

"It was apart of my training!" I yell at him.

"I don't care! Does this hurt!" He says pulling on my wings. I wince at the pain before slapping him. "What was that for?"

"For being a dick," I say.

"Well you shouldn't be stubborn," he retorts.

"You shouldn't be over protective when you've just met me!"

"And what would you know about fighting? You just some dumb orphan," he yells then looking shocked realising what he said, "shit Sofia I'm sorry I didn't mean it," he starts

"Save it," I push past him, tears spilling in my eyes.

I get home to be greeted by Drake and Davon home from school.

"Hey Sofia mum and dad are at work. What's the matter with you," He says noticing I'm crying.

"Caleb called me a dumb orphan," I sob. Drake pulls me close and hugs me.

"Go to your room while Davon and I sort this ok?" He says. I nod then look at Davon who is standing awkwardly near us. He sends me a sympathetic smile before I head upstairs.

I don't realise I fell asleep until I feel a body lie down next to me. I open my eyes and Caleb is lying next to me. Before I could say anything he cuts me off.

"I just want to say I'm sorry ok? I didn't mean to call you that and it just came out. And I know we just met and It was a shock for us to be mates. And as you said I don't really know anything about you. But I do know that you are beautiful, kind hearted and not a dumb orphan. Your brother talked to me," I raise a eyebrow, "ok maybe he yelled at me. I promise I won't ever do that again. That is if you accept me as your mate?"

"Ok," I say simply.

"What do you mean by ok?" I he asks worried.

"I forgive you and I think I did kinda over react," I mutter looking away. He turns my head so I'm looking a him.

"You didn't over react. That's how I would of reacted. Plus I'm the one who overreacted. I understand it's your training," he says.

"Yeah you did over react," I say laughing, "what time is it?"

"It's 7:00pm. Do you want food or?"

"I want to sleep," I reply. Caleb gets up but I pull him down again. "Stay," I whisper closing my eyes.

"Ok," he whispers kissing my forehead.

Unknown POV

"Tell me what you know about her!" I demand.

"I don't know anything about her. I spent like a month with her in that place. We barely spoke!" The guy said trembling with fear.

"Well since you don't know anything and you've seen to much. I might just have to kill you," I taunt.

"No please don't," the guy begs. I let out a chuckle.

"Sorry can't make any promises," I say before ripping his body apart and feeding off him
.

Hello *waves to no one*

How was it? Person who wanted to be in this book you have got a what you wanted!

Goodbye

Vote/fan/comment