Adopted by wolves

Prologue Adopted by the wolves

10 years ago:

"Sofia understand why we are doing this please," my mother begged as the place I called home burned around me.

"I understand mum," the seven year old me replies.

A log of fire drops, missing my mum by inches.

"We may be angels but we can not stop this attack," my mum yells over the screaming of residents in panic. She grabs my hand and starts running. We run towards a portal.

"Go through that portal. Live a normal life," she says pushing me towards it.

"What about my mate?" I ask.

"Tell him I say he better take care of you," she says smiling giving me a final hug, "remember I love you."

"I love you too mumma," I say. I step into the portal turning to see to my mother killed by the creatures taking over the planet I called home.

Present time:

I wake up with a start. I breathe heavily. A knock at the my bedroom door. I quickly wipe my tears away.

Anna the orphanage manager comes in, "sorry to wake you Sofia but some people are coming soon," she smiles at me and walks out the room shutting the door behind her.

I get out the bed and walk to my window. I pull the curtain back and think 'who knew I would end up in California all those years ago.'