I came to a stop at a store and went in. The goal was to lose Ross and his partner in the store. Then I was would be free to go about my business. I walked around grabbing random items off the shelves using the mirrors at the end of all of the aisles to keep track of where Ross and his partner went. I could no longer find them so I put down the shit that I had picked up and started to make my way to the door.

            “Come on not even the soda Skylar.” Ross said holding the soda I had just place down, in his hand. He grabbed my shoulder and started to walk to the counter with me. I could feel the pressure he was putting on me squeezing my shoulder. He was trying to cause pain but I ignored it not willing to give him what he wanted. He placed the soda on the counter and when I went to pay for it he waved me away and paid himself. “You know something Skylar I have been thinking.”

            “Does it hurt?” I mocked him and he smiled.

            “During these months the only thing that has been the same about everything case from case, body from body is that they all had some kind of link to you. Skylar isn't that weird?” Ross said and I frowned slightly taking my soda and brushing his hand off of me.

            “It's mind-boggling.” I said walking out of the store and about to get back in my car. I had my hand on the handle pulling it open when Ross leaned against it making it shut again. His partner came over and leaned on the other side of me and now I was getting annoyed.

            “When someone comes up as much as you in an investigation it normally means one thing.” Ross said and I turned my head so I could look him in the eyes.

            “Let me guess it must be me.” I said holding my arms out to him. “Arrest me I'm a danger to us all.” I mocked turning from him and trying to open my door again but once again he wouldn't let me.

            “Is that a confession?” Ross asked.

            “Sure it will never hold up in court. I'm sure this is some kind of police harassment so fuck off why don't you.”

            “We aren't harassing you, just talking to you Skylar. Are you afraid some truth will slip out?”

            “Here is some truth David Ross. It has taken me months but I know that you aren't the clean cut detective of the year you want people to think you are. The way I see it the more perfect someone appears to be the more tainted they really are.” Ross said nothing just looked at me. “How much money was it David?  You live in a pretty big house so I'm guessing a good share of it.”

            “Children shouldn't speak of things they know nothing about.” Ross said and I laughed out.   

            “But I know so much David. Did that kid have a gun or did you plant it like the report suggest.”  Ross grabbed my arm pulling me away slamming my head into the hood of my car and twisting my arm around my back. His partner stood straight when that earned him some looks from the other people going and coming in and out store.

            “Police brutality!” I yelled out and Ross slammed my head into my car again. He held my face down with his other hand pressing it against the hood. He lend down so that his lips were at my ear.

            “Why is it that everyone that knows you, that is close to you is either dead or missing?” He hissed into my ear.

            “They aren't as lucky as me I guess.” That earned me another slam.

            “Where is Jade Arenest? Where is Jake Landon?” He said and I frowned. Jake was missing to now? Not missing this was nothing new for Jake he probably found some girl and is hiding out with her for a few days. Getting laid, lying low from the cops.

            “Fuck if I know.” I answered and he grabbed a fist full of my hair and slammed my head into the hood again. It was really starting to hurt and I knew that I was going to have a bruise when all was said and done.

            “Dave.” His partner said. She was looking at me getting a bit worried that he was going overboard.

            “I'm going to sue the shit out you.” I laughed out and saw some more people that stopped to watch what was going on between me and David. “Help!” I yelled. “Police brutality!”

            “I'm calling the cops.” Some brave soul called out. His partner took out her cell when it rang. Walking away from us just a bit

            “Better run dirty cop.” I said just as his partner came back over. She whispered something in his ear and he smiled. Ross kidney punched me before letting me go. I touched my side as he was walking away the only sign that it might have hurt me. He pointed at me as he walked back towards his car.

            “I'm watching you Skylar Carright. We will be seeing each other again very soon. We are on our way to get the last nail to hammer into your coffin Skylar. ” He said at last getting in his car.

            “I'm watching you David Ross.” I said with a smile as I stepped into my car. I watched to make sure they didn't circle around to follow me again. When I was sure they were gone I took the round about the way to get to the Fun House. There was work to do. A new game needed to be played.