40

hinata brought flowers. a bouquet of flowers to be exact. there were lots of colors too, pink, yellow, blue, purple. he bought it on his way to the hospital.

he couldnt wait to meet kageyama; this time, its for real.

hinata knocked on the door and opened it, and as he saw a figure laying on the bed, talking to an older woman who hinata assumed must be kageyama's mother; the world was like stopped for a moment.

he couldn't believe kageyama was right in front of him.

he stood there, frozen, didn't know when to speak since the two clearly didn't notice him coming inside and hinata didnt want to rudely interrupt them.

"well you should be mo- oh!" it was after a few seconds after hinata came, when kageyama's mother- akemi, saw hinata on the corner of her eyes and quickly averted her attention from kageyama, to hinata. "you must be hinata!" she said.

at the sound of his name, shivers quickly ran down his spine, and kageyama quickly turned around to see hinata, standing a few feet away from him, holding a bouquet of flowers.

hinata stretched out a polite smile, "hey mam.." he greeted and earned himself a smile from kageyama's mother.

"i'll leave you two alone.." she said, eyeing and smiling knowingly to kageyama. "its your first meeting right?" she said, making kageyama rolled his eyes with a smile playing on his lips at her.

"bye mom.. thanks for informing him.." he said, clearly being sarcastic at the last line.

his mother chuckled a bit before closing the door, leaving hinata and kageyama alone in the cold hospital room.

hinata glared playfully at kageyama, "hey liar.." he started as he make his way to kageyama's bed.

kageyama almost chocked, "liar?! where did that come from?!"

"umm.." hinata pretended to think, "oh!- you lied to me about your first name being kageyama?" hinata interrogated as he eyed kageyama.

kageyama chuckled nervously at hinata, "right.. you were on the phone with my mom.." he said.

hinata groaned as he rolled his eyes, "you know you could've told me, tobio" he said, saying the last word with a lower voice.

kageyama groaned, "but tobio sounds cute-"

"oh and you think kageyama sounds manly?" hinata quickly asked him in a teasing way, a smile playing on his lips.

kageyama frowned, "you know you could just leave.." he said.

hinata bursted into a laugh, and it was kageyama's first time seeing how hinata look when he laughed, how his laugh sounded up close, and to kageyama, hinata's laugh sounded joyful. it sounded joyful in his ears, and the way hinata laugh was contagious, the boy could laugh and it will give a cheerful and positive vibe to others as well, and make them smile. because to kageyama, hinata was like an actual ray of sunshine.

"okay okay- i came here to check up on you, kageyama" hinata said, being serious this time. "here, i got you some flowers" he said, lifting up the flowers on his hands for kageyama to see.

kageyama smiled, "thanks hinata.." he said, and as hinata walked closer to him to give him the flowers, kageyama took it from his hands and hold it gently in his arms and took a moment to stare at the many pretty flowers on the bouquet.

"you should've told me.." kageyama suddenly heard hinata spoke beside him.

kageyama slowly looked towards hinata and sighed; putting the bouquet of flowers on his lap. "i know, i'm sorry.." kageyama said, looking down on his lap. he knew very well what hinata was talking about, and hinata was right, he should've told him.