04; Please Don't Flirt with Pretty Girls

Start from the beginning

Ryan took her usual seat on the bleachers as the players all gathered in a huddle, looking up in time to see Isaac grin and wave at her.

She smiled and waved back, not noticing Scott mistake the wave for him or the way his face fell when he realized it was just the opposite.

"Now get out there, and show me what you got!" Coach yelled at the end of his small speech, causing all the players to get hyped up.

Ryan pulled out her chemistry homework, seeing as that was the only class she was practically failing besides French.

Half paying attention to molarity, she watched as Scott got shoved into the ground by Jackson, the girl wincing slightly.

Throughout the whole practice it seemed as if Jackson had it out for Scott, and Ryan couldn't help but feel a small twinge of guilt, seeing as she felt deep down that it was karma.

She jumped when a finger poked her shoulder, the girl turning around quickly to see Allison looking down at her.

"Hi, Ryan right?"

"Yeah." Ryan slowly closed her text book, looking at her warily. "Why?"

"I was just wondering if you and Scott were dating." Allison plastered a smile on her face, Ryan blinking in shock.

"No, uh," She cleared her throat, shaking her head. "Not at all. Just friends. Best friends, even."

"So he's single?" She raised an eyebrow, Ryan nodding slowly. "Good."

Allison turned her attention back to the field, Ryan slowly doing the same in time to see Scott flip over another player.

"Oh my-" Ryan stood up, her stuff falling off her lap as she screamed. "Holy crap!"

Scott turned around as the crowd cheered, looking at Ryan with a wide grin.

● ● ●

"It's simple really, you just have to remember the quadratic formula, and you'll be fine." Ryan shrugged, looking up at Isaac.

"Okay, I think I can do that." He chuckled nervously, looking at her notes again.

"God, I'm gonna kill Stiles if he doesn't tone it down on the heating system." She huffed, taking off her jacket to reveal her tank top. "Do you want something to drink? Anything?"

"Uh, sure." He nodded, looking around the room. She slid off the bed and opened the mini fridge under her desk, holding up two different sodas. "Pepsi is fine."

"Alrighty." Isaac frowned as he noticed the scarring that was visible on her shoulder.

"I don't wanna be rude or anything, but do you mind if I ask what happened?" He questioned, taking the soda Ryan handed him.

"No, it's cool. When I was younger, my mom had dementia, so I really wasn't supposed to sneak up on her or anything.'" She explained, playing with the condensation on her can. "But I did, while she was boiling water. So she freaked out and dropped it on me. I got third degree burns, so I had to get a few skin grafts."

"Oh, I'm so sorry for asking-"

"No, it's fine." She shrugged it off, popping her tab and taking a sip of her drink. "I don't mind talking about it. Besides, scars are pretty cool."

The two looked at the wall when they heard Stiles and Scott yelling, followed by something slamming against the wall.

Ryan got up and opened her door in time to see Scott walking out of Stiles's room, the girl stepping in front of him. "What's going on?"

"It's none of your business." Scott muttered, moving to step around her. She just stepped in front of him, arms crossed. "Ryan."

"What's going on?" She repeated, Scott clenching his jaw.

"Leave me alone."

"Excuse me?" She scoffed, looking at him in shock. "What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing." He shoved by her, almost knocking her into the wall.

Ryan winced, standing in the hallway as he stormed off.

"You okay?" Isaac asked, poking his head out of the room.

"Yeah." She frowned, shaking her head. "I'm fine."

________________________________

Not edited

If any of you caught that major foreshadowing, props to you

Too lazy to add a gif, sue me