The Beginning

Giraffes? No. Elephants? No. Ducks? Actually ducks are a close second, but no. It was infuriating not knowing this one simple question. All of my friends had figured it out! Haley? Horses. Elizabeth? Cats. WHY WAS IT SO HARD FOR ME TO ANSWER THIS!
It finally came to me one day in the early summer of 2015, after hopping from animal to animal for the past five years. Goats.
It all started when one of our close family friends called us up and asked if we could do a small favor for her. For the sake of this story I will call her Daniel. Daniel had been working at the small local farm in town for the past couple of years. Every now and then, there came a situation where the farm would need outside help from some of the locals. One of the first people that they would call when there was such a situation was us.
     The first time that we accepted a request was when a ewe out at the farm had a baby. That baby lamb was a runt and would've probably died soon after had she not been taken in by us to be raised until she was big enough to fend for herself. That lambs name was Carly. She would have to come everywhere with us because of her crippling terror of being alone. Because she came everywhere with us, she had to wear a baby diaper with holes cut in them for her legs. None of us ever regretted having her for a second.
The second time that we helped out was when a pig out at the farm had a runt piglet and we had to take care of him. Because the mom had two babies we thought it would be best to just take both of the piglets in so that neither of them would be lonely. When given the opportunity to name them we came up with the names Aragorn, named after the ranger in LOTR, and ruby. Everyone loved the two little piggies but after about a week or two, Aragorn the runt, passed into piggy heaven where he would have endless vegetable scraps and mud puddles to roll in.
Even after the very sad and unfortunate death of Aragorn, ruby grew up to be a strong happy little pig.
Through all of this, my life plan was slowly starting to adjust to my new found hobbies as I aged. Instead of being a princess, I wanted to be an theatre actor and instead of living in a wonderfully fabulous house, I may enjoy living in a country barn house with a farm and garden.
The latest favor that Daniel asked us to help her with was perhaps the longest, hardest, most active favor so far but even then, it was still my favorite.