Stiles mainly spoke about how he was alone most of the time and hung out with Scott every once in while but Scott had work and school. When Stiles spoke about school Derek could tell he wanted to go...he didn't say anything about it though because he knew there was no chance Stiles could go to school now. He had never really gotten an education and it was too late to start.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They played games for hours and didn't realize how late it had gotten.
"Hey uh Stiles." Said Derek as they walked out of the arcade
"Yeah?"
"Thanks for stopping by..."
"You don't have to thank me Derek..." He replied scratching the back of his neck nervously "I mean you know it felt weird being away from you for so long and I just felt like I needed to see you...I really enjoyed spending the day with you today and it felt like old times you know."
"Yeah...uh...speaking of old times...would you want to come spend the night at my place?"
"Yes that would be awesome!"
"Oh...okay...but what about your dad."
"About that..." Stiles sort of laughed "he thinks I'm sleeping over at Scott's..so we should be just fine." He smiled
"Alright!" Derek got happy and dragged Stiles along to the apartment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Derek went to the bathroom and when he came out Stiles had already fallen asleep on the bed. He decided that he wanted to give Stiles some personal space and didn't want to make it awkward if they slept together so he thought he might sleep on the chair in front of the bed.
As soon as he sat down the computer chair squeaked.
Stiles got up immediately and looked at Derek but was still tired.
He yawned and rubbed his eyes
"What are you doing Der?"
"What do you mean?"
"Why are you sleeping on the chair?"
"Oh umm I just thought that you maybe wanted some personal space..."
"Derek." Stiles gave him an 'are you serious?' look "what do you mean personal space? Personal space has never been an issue with us. We've slept together literally all of our lives. Why would it be an issue now?"
"I just thought that maybe now that you're older you'd like to be more independent and need more privacy or something..."
"Seriously Derek? My thoughts haven't changed in a month. I'm still the same old me you knew a couple weeks ago. So just get over here and lay down." You could say Stiles was saying the truth when he said he hadn't changed in a month...but he didn't mention how long ago was a couple weeks ago so his thoughts definitely changed over time.
"Okay....I'm sorry..." He said standing up and going over to the bed.
"Oh god don't apologize now. You did nothing wrong! I understand if you think I would change while staying a month at my dad's."
"It's not that...its something different I guess..."
"Oh no don't tell me this about that whole mate thing I told you about earlier god that's so embarrassing" he said covering his face "that- that wasn't meant to be like me saying I wanted you to be my mate or or like me or something it was just uh informational like I uhm was saying so please don't uh just let's forget about it okay..." He stuttered nervously...he really did wish Derek liked him though but now he was embarrassed and didn't know what else to say so he had to lie to Derek. He noticed Derek's shoulders slightly slump when he said he didn't want him to be his mate but he shook it off.
Derek got into the bed and stayed a couple of inches away from Stiles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Minutes later Stiles realized that Derek was doing that weird thing he used to do in wolf form where he was smelling him, but this time he recognized it as one of the mate signs. He sort of just let it go though because he thought he was probably imagining things since he liked Derek so much and wished he was actually his mate. He shivered because his nose touched his neck but decided to not say anything.
"Are you cold?" Asked Derek making Stiles jump but Derek continued to smell him.
"U-uh yeah sort of" said Stiles shakily even though he was lying to Derek again
He heard Derek scoot closer to him then felt him wrap him up in a warm hug.
"Better?"
Stiles only hummed in response.
After a couple of minutes Stiles shifted uncomfortably because he had to pee but didn't want to move from Derek's warm embrace.
"Umm I have to uh I-" Stiles just immediately got up and ran to the bathroom.
Derek became hurt because he thought he had done something to hurt Stiles feelings...maybe he had gone to far by hugging him...
He decided to get up and check Stiles in the bathroom.
"Hey...is everything okay?"
"Yeah sorry I had to pee really badly." Stiles responded from the other side of the door. "Just go back to bed... I'll be out soon."
"Okay..." Derek mentally slapped himself for jumping to conclusions and thinking he had done something wrong. He just went back to bed on his side and acted like was asleep when Stiles came out. When Stiles got to the bed he thought Derek had fallen asleep so he just slipped in and kept his distance. Derek was in fact wide awake...lost in his thoughts...when had it come to this....why did he feel the way he did? He had a strong attraction towards Stiles and couldn't control it...could he possibly be his mate? He thought. No probably not.
Derek turned around to face Stiles but still didn't even move close enough to touch him.
He spoke lightly "hey Stiles... don't forget that if you really want to come and stay with me again then we have to go talk to your dad tomorrow." Talking to the sheriff made Derek really nervous but it was worth it if he let Stiles stay with him.
"Yeah okay sounds good." Mumbled Stiles falling back asleep.
With that Derek fell asleep right next to Stiles feeling so close yet so far because he was right there next to him but he just didn't understand why he felt like he just wanted to be with him forever yet for some reason he couldn't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was 9 am and Stiles and Derek were still sleeping in bed. When they did actually wake up...it was way closer than they had gone to sleep.
Meanwhile at the Stilinski house....

"Hey is Stiles home? I wanted to give him something." Said Melissa as the sheriff invited her in. Melissa wanted to give him a claw they had taken out of his stomach during the stiching/surgery, she had thought it was weird but cool and plus they hadn't really found out what animal had a claw like that.

 Melissa wanted to give him a claw they had taken out of his stomach during the stiching/surgery, she had thought it was weird but cool and plus they hadn't really found out what animal had a claw like that

Replied sheriff Stilinski to her question.
"No...Scott and I were out last night-"
As soon as she started speaking Derek and Stiles walked through the door.
"Uh hey dad..." Said Stiles giving him an awkward Smile and wave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June 8, 2016

Thanks for all the nice comments you guys leave☺️they always make my day so thanks for taking the time to leave a comment when you do💖I always try to answer back when you do comment😊I also wanted to thank all of the people who have created all this amazing sterek fan art! It's so amazing and if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't have started this fan fiction😬❤️I also wanted to start putting the dates I post the chapter on...like in either the start of the chapter or here at the end just so you guys know when I last posted and things like that☺️I'll try to remember💕anyways I've been hearing about people having a hard time in life lately and I just want you guys to know that my messages are always open so if you ever need someone to talk to just message me😌sorry if this author note was so long and thank you if you read it all😌❤️I just have 1 more week of school left aye💁🏻but I have a speech today and am super nervous😁😩but I probably won't post until summer this time so yeah just please be patient guys💕thank ily all☺️