Chapter 3

10 months later

"Stiles c'mon you can do it, all you have to do is hold on to my fur."
At almost two years of age Derek was helping stiles learn to walk letting him hold on to his fur coat and walking next to him slowly so he could keep up. He hadn't still showed stiles how he looked between man and wolf. He was only fully a wolf or fully human but never both at the same time. Derek was already seven years old and Stiles' birthday, or the day Derek found him, was coming up in two months. He was getting heavy and becoming hard to carry so Derek thought it would be a good idea to start teaching him how to walk. Now the little kid sat on the ground pouting with his arms crossed.
Derek went behind a tree to convert into a human and put on clothes. He came out from behind the tree and giggled at how funny Stiles looked being angry on the floor.
"What?!" Complained Stiles
"Nothing it's just you look funny on the floor." Derek laughed
"Well I'm on da floow because you said it was a good idea to teach me to walk"
" It's because you're getting a little heavy Stiles and it's harder for me to carry you in my arms now so come on let's try it again." He goes behind the tree to change back into wolf to teach Stiles some more about walking on legs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After four more weeks of holding onto fur and falling on his butt, Stiles is finally able to comfortably walk on his legs. Derek thinks he is a pretty smart boy for his age and is glad that he is also getting better at talking because now he doesn't have to talk to the baby without it only staring back.

Stiles POV(yup stiles first POV)

          Hmm...I can't believe my pawents would leave me out here in the woods. Stiles thinks to himself. I'm sure glad I had my fwie- FRiend De-Derek to save me. Stiles still has trouble pronouncing his R's but has begun to understand that it isn't supposed to have the w sound.   And now we're going to the store to get/steal some more food like Derek taught me. He said the best way to steal food is to make sure no one is looking and carry the item to a place that doesn't have too much cameras. After that you put it in your pocket and you have to walk out looking normal or they'll throw you in jail. I've never been to jail but it sounds scary. Derek says his parents were thrown in jail once and they said it was cold and they gave nasty food there. I'm happy now though because we haven't been caught and I'm supew- Super hungew-ry.
3rd person POV
        Derek was teaching Stiles how to steal food incase some day he got sick (which most likely never happen since he's a werewolf) or something happened and stiles needed to survive on his own for a while. Derek also hadn't told Stiles about the money he was saving up yet. Lately people had been looking at him and giving him money for no apparent reason. Derek soon found out that it was some sort of thing having to do with child month or something. Derek wasn't such a good reader but Stiles seemed to love to try and read labels and signs he saw everywhere. He had already gotten up to thirty dollars because if he got lucky he'd get 5 dollars but it was usually ones. He had already wasted the ten dollars that woman had given to him 11 months ago but it was for stiles because he didn't want him to run the risk of going to a police station for getting caught and then they would separate them and give them to foster homes. Derek was too afraid to lose Stiles and tried wasting as little money from those ten dollars during that time and still tried giving stiles a sort of good life by washing his clothes every couple of days and buying him small snacks. Derek pondered on the thought of giving Stiles the bite. Since Derek was born a werewolf he sort of didn't have to learn control but he knew Stiles did. He didn't want to go through the pain of putting an almost two year in chains so he wouldn't attack people. He also wasn't an alpha so he couldn't turn him, plus Stiles was too small and could die if his body didn't take it so instead Derek decided it wasn't a good idea and he would just try his best to always keep him safe. They crossed the streets hand in hand so Stiles could keep up with Derek and they went to go get dinner at a small cafe.
"Can I have the bwead pwease." Stiles asked the cashier at the cafe.
"Is called bread, Stiles." Derek corrected him but looked up at the cashier and smiled.
"Of course kiddos." He said politely and handed them their two decent sizes of bread.
Derek tried handing him the three dollars for the bread but the man stopped him.
"It's on the house." He smiled, "child month"
Derek's eyes lit up and he was really happy. He thanked the man so much for the free bread and they left on the way to their home, or the closest thing they had to a home.
Derek's POV
Wow!! I love child month! He thought to himself. I've never gotten a free meal without having to steal it and now I have more money to add to the surprise I have for stiles second birthday!

3rd person POV
They enjoyed the sunset as they ate their bread and talked about how life would ,hopefully, be in the future when they lived in the city below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd person        The next morning Stiles got up before Derek so that he could go to the bathroom because he didn't want Derek to keep changing him anymore and felt like he could learn himself

3rd person
        The next morning Stiles got up before Derek so that he could go to the bathroom because he didn't want Derek to keep changing him anymore and felt like he could learn himself. He ended up going deeper into the woods than he wanted. By the time he was done peeing he had already forgotten his way back. A feeling of panic ran through Stiles body and he felt like crying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Derek was still sleeping when he felt a shiver run down his spine and his hands became really shaky. He looked around and saw that Stiles wasn't  sleeping with him anymore. He became worried but he had his scent and he knew Stiles couldn't have gone far so he began his search. It took him less than 3 minutes to find the boy on the verge of tears looking around frightened. Stiles finally spotted Derek and ran to him crying and hugged him really tight. At first Derek found it awkward but then he realized it was quite comforting.
"It's okay Stiles, I'm right here, I'll always be here." He looked at Stiles reassuringly.
Stiles took a deep breath and nodded.

(This pic sort of goes with it but Derek has to be human and Stiles is running to him

(This pic sort of goes with it but Derek has to be human and Stiles is running to him.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that wraps up another chapter and I hope you guys are enjoying my story☺️have a good day or night💕😊and I'll try posting soon😉😊