seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I'm meeting my friends."

"Mind if I join you?"

"Uh, I have a boyfriend."

"That's too bad, I was hoping to get to know you better."

I half smile, and wonder why in hell the elevator is taking so long.

"Oh, yeah this is awkward. I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Kevin." He sticks out his hand for me to shake.

"Um," should I give my real name? "I'm Cassidy." I shake his hand.

"Good to meet you, Cassidy." Thank God he bought it.

"You too, Kevin. You know what? I'm just going to take the stairs, this is taking too long."

"I'll go with you."

"Um, ok."

I start walking down the stairs, on the other side of the railing from Kevin.

We make it to the bottom, after a few agonizing minutes.

"Well, it was nice to meet you Kevin," I say.

"You too, Cassidy. Hey, maybe we can go get coffee sometime or something."

"Um, I have things to do and places to be right now, plus I have a boyfriend, so no-can-do. Bye."

I turn around and walk towards Zeke and Shauna's apartment building. As I wait to cross the street, I look behind my shoulder, and thankfully I don't see Kevin.

About ten minutes later, I make it to Zeke and Shauna's building. I open the big front doors and go inside. I wave to the guy at the front desk and take the stairs up to the fifth story. I would take the elevator, but that's only for residents and if your with the residents.

I find apartment 524 and knock on the door. The door opens and shows Zeke.

He hugs me and I hug back.

"Hey Tris! How are you?"

"Hi, Zeke! I'm great. How are you?"

"I'd be great too if I didn't smell the pizza burning, I'll be right back. Shauna's on the couch, come on in."

I step into their apartment, shut the door, and walk over to their small living room.

"Hey Shauna," I say.

She turns her head around and then stands up.

"Hey Tris!" She gives me a big hug and I smile.

"How are you? And how's this little one doing?" I ask and nod my head to her belly.

"I'm fantastic, he's awesome," she smiles.

"So it's a boy?"

"Yep. I know Zeke's really happy, but I think he secretly really wanted a little girl."

"Ha, yeah."

"How are doing? How's Four?"

"I'm okay, I miss him like crazy, but it's only a month, you know?"

"Yeah. How'd he do yesterday? He did play yesterday, right?"

"Uh, yeah he did. Um, I think he was three for four, with two singles and a triple."

Just as I finish speaking, I hear beeping from the kitchen. The smoke alarm. Shauna and I walk into the kitchen to see Zeke flapping a towel around trying to get rid of the smoke.

"Nice one, Zeke," I laugh.

"You had one job!" Shauna says and laughs as well.

"Ha ha ha. Can you just help me?"

"I gotta get out of here, but Tris can."

"Yeah, sure." I look around the kitchen to see if all the windows are open. I see five, and none of them are open. "You know Zeke, it would help if you had the windows open." I chuckle and walk around the kitchen, opening up windows as I go.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Hey guys, just want to order pizza?" Shauna calls from the living room.

"Yeah, okay." Zeke and I reply at the same time.

"Ha! Jinx, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, you owe me a soda!" Zeke starts, but I finish it.

He sticks out his tongue, and grabs a can of Pepsi from the fridge.

"Thank you," I say. We both go back into the living room and sit on the couch with Shauna. Zeke pulls his phone out of his pocket and dials Domino's number to order pizza.
𖠕 𖠕 𖠕 𖠕 𖠕 𖠕
Two boxes of pepperoni pizza and four cans of Pepsi later, I'm laughing my ass off as Zeke tells us a story about when he tried to rope swing into a lake, and ended up hitting a tree.

"And I got a concussion," he laughs,"so I couldn't play baseball that summer."

"Oh, poor Zeke," Shauna says and I fall back on the rug and continue laughing.

When my laughter dies down, I check the time on my phone; 9:47.

"Oh crap," I say. "I should probably go home. It's going to be ten before I even make it home."

"Oh, yeah that's fine, I should go to bed soon anyway," Shauna replies and we all stand up.

"Thanks for having me guys, this was really nice."

"Yeah, it was. Come over anytime, okay?" Zeke says.

"Yep, I'm almost always here too anyway," Shauna replies.

"Yeah, I'll come over all the time," I smile. I hug both of them, and then leave their apartment. I make my way downstairs, and back up to the parking garage. I unlock my car and get in. I start the ignition, put my seatbelt on, and drive home.

When I get home, I park on the street, turn off and lock my car, and go inside.

Mom and Dad are sitting on the couch watching the news, so I say hi and then go upstairs. I change into shorts and a
t-shirt, and get into bed to watch another episode of The Vampire Diaries.

In the middle of the episode, I get a text from Tobias.

Night bby❤️💤 ilysm & there's only a few weeks left. I miss u and I'll see u soon😘😘😘

Aw, I love him so much, he's too sweet. I forget to pause the episode before I respond to Tobias's text, so I have to rewind the last minute that I missed.

I fall asleep later thinking about Tobias.
𖢨 𖢨 𖢨 𖢨 𖢨 𖢨
A/N: Good morning guys! Omg I'm exhausted. That's ok though, cuz it's SUMMER!!!☀️☀️☀️ But the weather where I live is literally shit rn so it doesn't feel like it. Happy Father's Day!!!👨🏻
I hope you loved the chapter!
Ilyasm!!!❤️❤️❤️
Thanks for 145k😘😘
-Αnnɑ🌸✨🌞