1 w/ James

y/n/n - Your nickname.

~

1 - "Hate you
"And I love you"

James ran a hand through his hair as he sighed, his other hand being gripped tightly by his little princess.

He was a single parent, as his girlfriend was only 18 at the time his daughter was born and didn't want a part in looking after her. She told James that either Alexa goes up for adoption, or they break up.
He was only 20 when his girlfriend had given birth to Alexa and it was a lot of responsibility, but now, six years later, he's got an adorable six-year-old daughter with an incredible, bubbly, adorable personality and he couldn't be happier.

Even though sometimes she could get rather stroppy.

"Daddy, I want this!" she called up to James as she tugged on his hand, showing him a barbie doll identical to around six others she had at home.

"Don't you already have that one, baby girl?" James asked his daughter, who shook her head manically "No! Not this one! This one has a doggy!" she exclaimed, her greeny-blue eyes - identical to James' - twinkling up at him.

"Sorry princess, maybe another time. Go and put it back where you found it" James told his daughter, who frowned up at him.

"Hate you" she declared, crossing her arms and stomping off back to the toy aisle.

"And I love you!" James called after her, before sighing and rubbing his eyes.

That was the right thing to do, right? I don't want Alexa to be spoilt and she HAS got a lot of barbie dolls... maybe I'll buy it for her birthday or something...

She said she hated me though!

She says that all the time when she doesn't get her way...

But what if she actually DOES hate me? Oh god, I'm a horrible father! I shouldn't have taken custody over her...

But then again it was either me or a care home...

James sighed and put a hand on his face, before scrunching his tired eyes shut and rubbing them with his fingertips.

I need to get my act together.

"Daddy!" James opened his eyes and turned to see Alexa runnig towards him with, to his dismay, the barbie doll still in her hands.

But, his mood brightened when he saw you following her.

"Hey Jems" you smiled, and James wrapped an arm around your waist before pecking your lips.

"Hey babe. What are you doing here?"

"Well what are people usually doing at supermarkets, Jems?" you asked James, who said 'ohhhhh' and started chuckling. You giggled at his stupidity before pecking his lips again.

James' attention was diverted down to his daughter, who was sliding the barbie into your basket.

"Alexa, I told you that you can't have the barbie" James sighed, pulling away from you.

"Well y/n/n said she'd get it for me so" Alexa stuck her tongue out at James who looked at you helplessly.

"Sorry Jems, you know it's hard to say no to her little puppy face" you replied as Alexa wrapped her arms around your leg, glaring at James.

"I love y/n/n more than you daddy" she declared.

"So does everyone else" James told his daughter, causing you to scoff and playfully hit his arm. "It's true! The fans are obsessed with you" you blushed at his words and looked down to Alexa who was smiling up at you.

"They like Lex more" you declared, chuckling as Alexa blushed and hid her face in your leg.

"Anyway, I have shopping to get on with. Care to accompany me, miss y/n/n?"

"Why, I think I shall, Sir Jems" you replied with a chuckle, linking arms with James and taking Alexa's hand before the three of you finished the rest of your shopping, giggling and messing around between yourselves.

You all finally got everything you needed and made your way to pay. James watched as Alexa ran up to the checkout, quickly placing her barbie on the conveyor belt. The Cashier chuckled slightly and said "Wow, she's pretty!" To Alexa, who nodded manically.

"My new mummy's buying her for me" Alexa announced, sounding rather proud. James quickly looked to you in shock but found himself smiling when he saw the grin on your face at the sound of the title, glad that you didn't mind Alexa calling you that.

James found himself thinking that he really didn't mind it, either.

~

Cute lil' James prompt. I actually quite like this, which is a miracle because I normally hate stuff I write.

James as a dad though, so so so so so cute!!! James would be an awesome dad.

The ending bit with calling you mummy was inspired by a cute preference by tumblr user thevampspreferencesx