vii | Coffee

I FOUND MY CHAPTER YES OMG WATTPAD IS AMAZING BECAUSE THERE'S THIS LITTLE BUTTON SAYING "REVISIONS" AND IT'S BASICALLY EVERY VERSION OF THE CHAPTER YOU WROTE I LOVE YOU WATTPAD THANK YOU

______

I walked down the street filled with people. The cool afternoon wind blew in my face, and I shoved my hands in my pockets.

I heard high-pitched gigling, and saw two kids running in front of me; a boy and a girl. The girl, chasing the boy, had tripped on her feet. I watched as she fell onto her knees. My eyes widened, and so did the boy's in front of her.

I walked up to her, kneeling. She had tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay, little girl?" I asked. 

She shook her head and sniffed.

"Where does it hurt?" I then asked. I babysat little cousins, so I was kind of good with this kind of thing. Apparently, even in the volleyball team, I was know as the "mom" and Daichi was the "dad", whatever that means.

The little girl pointed to her knee. There was a light scrape on it.

I smiled, then leaned over. "Now, don't tell anybody this, but I'm actually an angel with healing powers. I can make the pain go away." 

The little girl gaped. "R-Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah! I just need you to sit down with your legs out, okay? I promise it won't hurt."

The girl sat down and extended her legs like I said. I bent down and placed my hands over her knees without touching them. I hovered them and moved them in circular motions.

"I call upon my magic powers. Make this beautiful, young lady's pain disappear!" I chanted with my eyes closed. 

I heard the girl giggle. Cracking one eye open, I whispered to her.

"Now I need you to blow on it. Can you do that for me?"

The girl nodded. I moved my hands and formed a diamond shape with my fingers. The girl blew and smiled.

I opened my eyes. "Does it feel better?" I asked with a smile. She nodded and giggled.

"Thank you, Angel-san!" she said. The little boy who was with her helped her get up.

"Hiroko-chan, we should get going before onii-san gets upset." he said. The girl nodded.

They turned around and started walking away, but the little girl turned back towards me, then ran up and hugged me. At first, I was surprised by the sudden action, but I smiled and hugged her back, although she only reached my waist.

"My name's Yui Hiroko, by the way." she smiled. "And he's my best friend, Naoki Kyo!"

I laughed. "It's very nice to meet you, Yui-chan, Naoki-kun. My name's Sugawara Kōshi."

Yui and Naoki walked away, waving. I smiled, then checked the time.

"Shoot, I'm late!" I cursed, then jogged to the cafe.

When I got in, I spotted Oikawa sitting at a booth. He was looking out a window, then at his phone, then back out the window again.

"Oikawa! I'm so sorry!" I sighed, plopping myself down in front of him.

"What happened? You're late. It's not like you, Suga-chan."

"There was this little girl and boy, and the girl got hurt. I helped her out just by saying that I was an angel with magic powers." I laughed. "Good news is that it worked."

Oikawa laughed. "You're such a mom, Suga-chan~"

"Yeah, yeah."

Just then, a waiter came and took our orders. I had a cappuccino and a chocolate chip muffin.

"Anyways, what did you want to tell me?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee when it came.

"Oh, well, you know how me and Iwa-chan moved in together?"

"Yeah."

"Well, um, two weeks ago, we finally, um... did it." Oikawa said, his face turning red. I nearly choked on my coffee.

"Really?! Oh my god, congratulations!" I smiled.

Oikawa chuckled. "Thanks. Anyways, Iwa-chan's been babysitting his little cousin for the week. She's been staying at our place, and it's been really nice. A-anyways, I've been thinking about it, and I think I want to adopt a child."

I widened my eyes. "L-Like, now? I mean, don't you want to be with him for at least a year before you adopt?"

"No, no! I don't mean now! I was just, y'know, thinking... and eventually, I want to mention it to him." Oikawa explained.

"Ah, okay." I nodded. "I think you'd be great parents." I smiled.

"So," Oikawa started, "How are you holding up? Has Dai-chan come home yet?"

I shook my head. "No. He's still at the hospital. I was actually going to visit him today. "

"Oh." Oikawa said. "I haven't had the chance to visit him yet. How's he doing?"

"He's... good. He's recovering well, actually; walking, able to sit up on his own."

"That's great! Does he know about your history together?" Oikawa asked.

"Um, I introduced myself, but he has no clue that we actually went out. The doctors wanted to tell him. I told them that I would do it, but..."

"But...?"

"But I'm worried. What if he's different now? And what if he doesn't even like me anymore? It's either going to be that I live in suffering, knowing that the man I live with doesn't love--hell, even like me or I kick Daichi out of the house, and have him probably living on the streets somewhere. I... I can't do it."

Oikawa sighed loudly. "You were always overly-paranoid, Suga-chan. Don't worry. Daichi will still love you. Didn't you talk to him before leaving the hospital? He was friendly to you, wasn't he?"

I nodded, looking down. Me and Oikawa made chit chat until around 4:00.

I looked down at my phone. "Oh crap, it's already 4:00! I've got to get going. There's always traffic at 5:00, and I have a feeling I'll be stuck in it."

Oikawa laughed. "Alright. Tell Dai-chan I say hi~!" he smiled.

I nodded. "Bye!"

I walked back to my apartment building, directly to my parked, black Volkswagen. I turned on the car and started driving. Of course, I listened to the radio, trying to hear where the main traffic jams were. 

Just as I turned onto a highway, I saw a swarm of red lights as far as the eye could see, with the occasional honking.

"You may want to avoid the highway 36 east. There's some pretty bad accidents on the right lane." I heard the radio host say.

I groaned loudly and lightly slammed my hand onto the steering wheel. "Of course, you couldn't mention this earlier!"

Whatever, I thought. I'll just listen to some music to calm down.

I went to turn up the volume on my iPhone, but instead, I heard dead silence.

What?

I checked my phone. Dead.

"This is fan-fucking-tastic. Is the entire universe against me?" I cursed.

"And all I want to do is see Daichi..." I sighed, feeling a pang of sadness in my chest.