Moving Forward

I watched as all of my boxes were being carried out of my old room.

"I still can't believe I'm moving out." I sounded as Steph helped me look around my room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.

She simply shrugged, "well you can't exactly expect to act the part of Luna while living at your parents house."

I knew she was right but it was all so crazy.

I mean I get it, most girls would be running to be with their mates the first chance they get. But I was looking at the more practical side. Other than spending the night at his place a few times I didn't know what living with Dean would be like?

Second and most importantly, I personally wasn't anywhere near financially stable to live without my parents.

Points I brought up to Dean, all to which he replied with "I'm your mate, I'll always take care of you."

And that was the end of that.

It had only been a week since the sudden passing of Ryan, and the day after the council officiated Dean's becoming the new pack Alpha...things have gone into hyper overdrive.

The minute the pack acknowledged Dean as their new Alpha, and along with his new title the keys to the pack house were handed over to him.

You see, much like the White House...every new pack alpha moves into the pack house, of course the newest leaders are allowed to decorate and renovate things however they'd like (the house is typically only upgraded to stay more modernized but essentially kept the same for tradition)...this ultimately sent Lola into shopping overload and I was dragged along for the ride.

She took me shopping and used phrases like:

"Don't worry about the price."

"Of course you should be here."

"It's going to be your house too!"

At first I was uncomfortable spending so much money on things to fill a house meant for Dean and I, but when I expressed my concerns with Dean the first evening he simply kissed my hair and assured me he'd be fine with whatever I picked...after that I knew there was no getting out of it.

But as our purchases came in Lola had everything set up as I still had to get everything situated at home, and honestly I was more than happy letting her take the lead on the organizing of getting our house ready, because to be honest...this was all happening really fast and kind of overwhelming...and if it weren't for Dean, I don't know how I would handle going through this.

My parents were (thankfully) understanding, then again I doubt they'd actually have a choice in the matter now.

"Sweetheart you're a grown woman, heck your dad and I imagined you'd move out the instant you found your mate." My mother had said upon requesting to move out.

Which brings us back to the present day.

"The moving truck is all full." Dad sounded from my room door.

I nodded, I knew it was time for me to go but I was still so unsure about a lot of things. I don't know how to run an entire household much less a pack, I'm basically just going to wing-it and hope for the best.

"You ready Cass...remember you have dinner tonight-"

"With one of the councilmen." I finished for Steph as I did in fact recall the dinner plans for tonight.