♧ Chapter 4 ♧

Mulai dari awal

As I set my phone down, whoever was at the door knocked again. When I opened it, Jace was standing on the other side.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Nope, sorry, I'm busy."

"With what?"

"Ignoring you."

I made a move to close the door, but he stopped me.

"Try again."

"I'm retouching my makeup."

"Since when do you ever do your make up?"

Jace studied my face, his eyes squinted with suspicion.

"What the hell do you want?"

"I just wanna talk."

"About?"

"What happened earlier, look, I know we've been fucking up ever since this morning, so I want to make sure we're on the same page. Differences aside."

"How will you do that?"

I titled my head, placing a hand on my hip as Jace leaned into the door frame.

"I-... I apologize."

He coughed out, swiping his hand across his mouth as if he was trying to clear away the raste of submission.

"For what?"

"What I said about Thomas."

"Okay."

I turned to close the door again, Jace put his hand out.

"Okay? That's it?"

I shrugged one shoulder. From the look on his face I could tell that was far from how he expected me to react.

"What else do you want me to say?"

"Not just okay... What the hell is going on with you?"

"Nothing."

"There's definitely something."

"Yeah, well, if you figure it out feel free to let me know."

Deep down I know I'm being a bitch. I was doing it on purpose. I wanted to see what he would do if I pushed him far enough. Thomas's text messages were sfloating around in my mind like abandoned balloons.

"Riele-"

Jace reached out and grabbed my hand in both of his. I looked down at his hands and then looked up at him.

"What?"

"If you want to date Thomas that's your business. I just don't want you to get hurt..."

"Thanks, but I know Thomas would never hurt me."

I replied. Jace let my hands go and chuckled, shaking his head.

"I'm not talking about Thomas, I'm talking about Mackenzie. Rie, she's been in love with that guy since she met him. Do you really think she's gonna be okay with this?"

As I stared at Jace, his words sunk into my brain like a brick at the bottom of the Ocean.

"Thomas has already told her, he said she was fine with and that she couldn't wait to see us tonight."

I said to him, rubbing my fingers over the smoothe gilded surface of the golden locket around my neck.

"I'm pretty sure she's carefully planning your slow and painful death. It's been nice knowing you,Rie."

Jace put his hand on my shoulder with a look of mock-synpathy.

"Shut up, you dunce."

I flicked his hand away, but I was smiling.

"There's a Taco bell truck outside and I'm hungry."

"Taco bell?"

Jace slipped his arm around my shoulders as we walked behind the sets together.

"My treat."

"I wasn't gonna pay anyways."

I said, poking him in his side.

"Sure you weren't."

He squeezed the back of my neck, coaxing a squeal out of me.

"Wait."

I stopped walking, and Jace looked back at me, his eyebrows knitted together.

"What?"

I grinned at him, stwpping foward.

"Piggy back?"

Jace narrowed his eyes at me.

"You're not as light as you think."

He said, slouching down and letting me climb onto his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my cheek against the side of his.

"I know, but I'm your velcro monkey."

"Unfortunately."

Thanks for reading!