♤ Chapter 3 ♤

Jace's POV -

Riele🤪: Nah, it's cool

I haven't taken my eyes off the text since last night. I squinted at the words. Squeezing the frame of my phone tightly in my hand. What the hell are you trying to tell me? The annoying pinch of a hidden meaning kept pricking the back if my mind the longer I continued to stare at it.

"Morning."

Riele walked into the studio with a large smile extending up to her eyes. I studied her face, the way her chin was slightly tilted upwards was alarming. I could smell her perfume from where I was standing, something floral and exotic. Which was vast contrast from the downplayed, warm scents she always wore like vanilla and caramel.  Her hair was held back by a tangerine colored head band, matching the off shoulder mid-drift top she was wearing.

"What's up?"

I chin-thrusted in her direction.

"Not much, you wanna do something later tho? If mommy says you can play of course."

She asked, snagging a bagel from the catering table.

"Hey, hey, chill, how bout' movies?"

"Oh, wait... I can't."

Riele shook her head, ripping a piece of the bagel off and popping it into her mouth.

"Why not?"

She smiled again and looked around the studio before replying.

"I have something else going on with Cree, Mackenzie, and Thomas. Ella and Sean might be there too I'm not sure."

She said.

"What... I'm not invited?"

When Riele looked at me it was as if she had finally noticed I was standing right in front of her.

"You're invited too, I guess. We're going to a club if you wanna come."

"Oh my god yes, thank you, I'd love to."

I turned, walking away from her. My eyes rolled up to the lights hanging above us.

"Jace, wait, what's wrong?"

She trailed after me. I should have been in wardrobe by now, we were filming in less than twenty minutes.

"Forget about it."

"No, tell me."

"You go hang out with them, that's cool."

"I wasn't sure if you wanted to come."

She said.

"I'll sit up at home and play board games with Isabela."

"Jace, stop and talk to me. For real."

Riele jumped up onto my back and wound her arms around my neck as I continued walking.

"I legit didn't think you would come if I asked you."

"How do you know what I'm gonna say if you don't?

"I had a feeling..."

"I don't care, it's whatever."

I could smell her hair as she leaned her chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, if you want to come I'll personally pick you up. Is that okay?"

I stopped walking to grip under her thighs.

"If I change my mind."

I replied.