♧ Chapter 4 ♧

Riele's POV -

The scenes I had to do in rehearsal with Jace were tense, boring, and edgy. Dan called for break more than once which was highly unlike us and said we had to tighten our acts up and get it together. For this episode I've just found out that Jace's charcter Henry is a closet alcoholic. He's supposed to be acting distant and emotionally frustrated, but the scene is coming across as angry and confused. For the both of us.

"What the hell is going on here? Am I alone? Am I talking to myself right now? I said tighten it up and you're giving me complete shit!"

I shook my head, resting my hands on my hips. I didn't have an excuse for Dan this time.

"I'm sorry Dan, I need a break."

I said.

"Same... This is fucking killer."

Jace tossed his script and put both of his hands behind his head. I could hear him exhaling loudly through his mouth as he turned away. Dan looked from me to him and back again. He jerked his thumb over his shoulder.

"Get the hell outta here, we'll start again in 10."

Relieved, I left the set and fled to my dressing room. None of this was my fault, I didn't do anything wrong. If Jace had some kind of bug up his ass about me dating Thomas that wasn't my problem, it was his. I flopped into the chair in front of my vanity mirror and kicked my feet up. Pulling my phone from out of my pocket, I began texting Thomas.

Me: Jace saw us kissing...

Tommy 💖: And?

Me: Idk why but, its pissed him tf off

Tommy 💖: Have you ever thought maybe he's jealous?

I rolled my eyes at the little blue text bubble. Jace would rather lick the grime off a sewage workers boot than admit he was jealous of anything or anyone.

Me: What could he possibly be jealous of?

Tommy 💖: Us. I know you're not gonna believe this but what if he actually likes you? More than a friend. You're always telling me you feel like he takes you for granted... Like you're never supposed to drift too far from him.

Me: Don't even go there. Jace said himself at a press panel that I was like a sister to him. Besides that, he's like a brother to me and I've made it clear to everyone how I felt about him.

Tommy 💖: It's called lying, people do it all the time

Me: Why would he lie about something like that?

Tommy 💖: Imagine if half the world thought that you liked me and said that you were lying when you tried to tell them you didn't like me. When asked about how you feel about me on live television, secretly you know that you're in love with me but I'm not interested, nor will I ever be. What would you say?

As soon as I read his text there was a clenching deep in my belly.

Me: I'd say I didn't like you...

Tommy 💖: Exactly my point

Me: But that's not the case with him, it's more like he's trying to protect Mackenzie and he thinks what we're doing is wrong

Tommy 💖: I told Mackenzie how I felt about you

Me: What did she say? Is she mad?

Tommy 💖: She's fine with it and she's excited to come out with us tonight. She took it better than I thought she would.

Just then, there was a knock on my dressing room door. I glanced over at it and bit my lip.

Me: Good, I'll talk to you later 😘