Chapter 18

Ryan's P.O.V:

Melina gasps, her eyes big and scared are fix in mine. I rest my forehead against hers and let my hand caress her cheek. Now she doesn't wince, but lean her head against me. I slowly turn around and look at the guy standing at the other end of the room with a gun in his hand.

I don't know how he got in without us hearing it, but we have both been so caught up in our emotions.

He does not look like the guy I have seen in my nightmares, he was always been big, coarse and untidy, with a mean and crazy look in his eyes. The mean look in the eyes is the same, but this guy is tall, well groomed and fit. He has short brown hair, he has the typical look of a popular college quarterback, and not the vicious killer and rapist that he is.

I have my back against Melina, facing him and let my right hand reach backwards and hold her, while trying to let my body protect her.

He starts to move closer towards us, while beaming vicious at me saying "You just couldn't stay away from her? I knew I just had to be patient" A cold shiver run down my spinal, he has been watching her, just waiting for me to come and see her.

"Mitch" Melina whispers and I see the shift in his eyes by the sound of her soft voice. OMG in his totally twisted and fucked up way, he still loves her and there is no doubt in my mind that he wants her.

"Celina, Baby. I am finally here. You are mine and you know that" I feel Melina tremble, and I squeeze her tighter.

He continues "You really had me going there for a while, Mr. Rockstar. I followed you to Europe, watching you in Milan, Lausanne and Zurich. I couldn't see Celina anywhere and I couldn't get close to you alone, because of your friends. Especially that big beefcake friend of yours, he was always hanging around.
I decided to go back here and look for her, lucky me I saw a magazine in airport with your name on the cover, Mr. Rockstar. I bought it and read the article about you breaking it off with you girlfriend and already found a new one. That was a nice try, Mr. Tedder, but it didn't quit fit the reality I saw, you looking absolutely shattered, Man. I have been watching you, Celina for four weeks now."

Mitch stops his talking for a second and look at us obviously trying read our reaction. I fight to stay cool, but my mind is screaming: FUCK, Melina was right, he followed us to Europe and if she hadn't left me, he would have caught us somewhere on the tour. Now I have brought her life in danger by coming to see her today. The thought takes my breath away, if I only had stayed away. My self-righteousness fights to defend my actions, saying that he would eventually have caught her, and at least now I am here to protect her.

My mind is interrupted by Melina saying "If you found me, why didn't you contact me before now?"

Mitch laughed "oh, one thing that prison taught me is how to be patient. The first time I saw you and saw the look you have in your eyes. It was the same as I saw in your Rockstar here. I knew that it would only be at matter of time before one of you broke and seek contact. But I actually thought it would be you, Celina.
You're stronger than I thought, I watched you almost kill yourself for the last four weeks and look at you, you look like a walking dead. I blame you Mr. Rockstar, you did this to her" He steps closer and I instinctively shies back still with Melina behind me. We are trap now between the wall, the counter and Mitch.
He smile vicious and say "Oh, that's cute, you think that you can protect her, Mr. Rockstar"

I look coldly at him and say "I intend to try"

He smiles even more vicious "You know that I could just shoot you and grab her"

"NO" Melina cries

"No??" Mitch says and continues "Oh well, that might as well by too boring, better have some fun now that I have waited so long." He put the gun in his left hand and swings a me with his right hand, I block the blow as good as I can, still trapped against the wall and with Melina somewhat safe behind me. He swings at me again and hits my jaw hard, my head is buzzing, but I stand the ground. He hits again and I block.