Chapter 1

Ryan's Pov:

"MELINA"

"MELINA"

"FUCK" I run as fast as I can down the dark hallway. It feels like my heart is beating 300 beats per minute, and I gasp for air.

Where is she? I am positive, that he brought her here. Please, I need to find her, I plead inside my head.

I stop to catch my breath leaning against the wall, and cling to my chest with both hands. The burning sensation in my chest is a complete reflection of the fear and panic in my head.

This is my worst nightmare. I should not have let her go out tonight. I had a bad feeling, like I just knew something bad was going to happen, why did I let her go.

Please just let me find her, before he gets the chance to hurt her, I plead over and over again inside my head.

"MELINA" I shout again, still out of breath. The panic inside me is overriding, I have to go on.

Everything is dark, and I try to switch on some light. I think the power has been cut off, because nothing happens. I actually do not even know where I am, I just have a feeling that she is here somewhere and so is he.

Melina and I have been together for almost 6 month now, and I have never been happier. She still has her apartment I LA, but most of the time she is spending with me either in Denver or where ever I am.

Right now we are not on tour, for most of the winter, we have just been working in the studio on our third album - Native. We handed it in last month and are now waiting for it to hit the stores, it will happen in exactly two weeks.

We have just arrived back from a trip to Australia and Europe. I have been working with Delta Goodrem on The voice in Australia. It has been a really cool experience and afterwards we took a radio tour through Europe, promoting our new album. We are now back in the States getting ready for a concert tour throughout Europe, it is starting next month.

Things are really looking good, and now this has happened. I grab my phone I need to call Zach, he has to come and help me ..... Shit!!!!! there is no signal here, I need to carry on. I open and closes every door, but there is no sight of her or him. I have to find her.

"Melina" I shout once again and somewhere I hear a door.

I gasp as I suddenly feel hand on my shoulder.

"Ryan" I can hear it is Zach, but wait...... what? The darkness slowly starts the vanish.

"Ryan, dude wake up" Oh shit, I am confused................... I wake up raise my head and look at Zach. It was a dream, a nightmare again, the same situation. Melina has been kidnaped by Mitch, and I am just running around in an empty dark house, not capable of finding her. Why can I not get rid of that nightmare.

"Dude, are you okay, you were whimpering." Zach looks at me with concern.

"Yeah man, I was just dreaming." I say rubbing my eyes.

"You look tired, Man. Have you been here all the time?"

"Yeah, pretty much, Brent and Isaac where here, too. Eddie and Drew are on their way from LA" I say and run my hand through my hair, trying to make that panic sensation inside me disappear.

"But what are you doing here already" I realize that Zach should not be here yet, and I just now realize that his girlfriend Lindsay is with him.

They have been together for, almost just as long as Melina and I. Zach ran into her in the airport, here in Denver. She was also flying back to Chicago, and they have been together ever since. Lindsay is really sweet, and she has the same empathetic personality as Zach does. She and Melina are getting along so well and it makes me happy to see my best friend with a girl, who makes him happy.

"Hi Lindsay" I say and she gives me a hug.

Zach says "Dude, we took an earlier flight as soon as we heard. How is she?"

I shift my position a bit, and I look at my beautiful girlfriend. She is still sleeping peacefully, and I am once again overwhelmed with my feelings for her. Just looking at her is sending thousands of sparkles down my spinal.

I am holding her hand, and I let my thumb run across her knuckles.

I hate to see her in a hospital bed!