5 - Mack And Raina

"And she is probably pretending to care. I mean, I wouldn't blame her...she doesn't know me. I'm nothing to her." I breathed. I glanced at his expression.

"Wrong. Royal new borns are very important. They will be much stronger than the vampire that bit them and are born with a power that will be a curse and a blessing."

So Mack's a vampire expert and a bar tender?

"I see. But how are you not freaked out about it? And how did you find this information if you're not a vampire?" I leaned back on the leather couch and took a sip of my bloody hot chocalate. Yep, Mack knows recipies for vampires too.

"Back when I was young, like you," He began stretching. "I was a vampire hunter apprentice." I choked on my last sip and covered my mouth. "Vampire...hunter?"

I squeaked. I sat up straight and looked for a way out, an exit prehaps. "Calm down, Angela. I'm much too old for hunting now." He chuckled. "As I said before, I'm an apprentice. I don't have a clue how to track them. But i do know how to kill them." I shiffted in my seat and sat on my knees, while Mack spoke. "While I was guarding a prison cell for Raina White, the most weak vampire of all the species, a tune got stuck in my head."

"What was it?"

"The Isty Bitsy Spider. It was coming from a music box, thats what made it creepy.

So here I was, just listening to the tune of the music, echo off the walls. I asked the prisoner if she was making the noise. She didn't answer. So I went to her cell...it was embty. Raina wasn't in sight....until I turned around and a sharp pain went from my neck to my head.

She had bitten me. And from that day on I had never wanted to die so much in my life."

"Where is she now?"

He just shrugged. "In the kitchen."

I felt my lungs stop. "The kitchen?! I thought you hated our kind?"

He casually leaned back and smirked.

"I do, but she's good to me. I've learned to get to know people before I place a judgement on them, Thats all."

What's wrong with this person? I stood up on my tip toes and peered into the kitchen. No one is there.

"Stop kidding around,  Halland." A small voice whispered from behind me. I whipped around to see a white headed, short, freckled woman. "Hi, I'm Raina. You must be the new Princess from Mack's sister's husband...Angela, Right?"

Don't say a word...

"It's ok. I only bit him because I thought he was bad."

Raina pulled her hair into a white bun and straightened her black skirt out. "Want a blue moon cookie?"

She smiled brightly at me and gestured to the kitchen. Why me?!?

"I-I rather not-"

"Please? I made them escpecially for you. I only make them every blue moon, for my birthday."

Blue moon?! What?!

"I-I...don't...I should call P-Peter. Do you have a phone I c-could borrow?" Stop stuttering, Angela. Keep calm.

Mack patted my shoulder and handed his smart phone over to me. "There you go. His contact name is blondie."

I took the phone from his hands and stood up. I poked in the number and waited. "Hello?"

"Peter!"

"Angela!! We have been worried sick about you!! What gave you the nerve to run away like that?!" Peter yelled franticly through the phone.

"I want to go home, Peter. I don't belong here. I don't know what I did to deserve this prank-"

"Angela this is real life! You are transforming into a vampire! You're my little sister!!! I want to protect you but your making it hard on all of us. Your not even done transforming!!!!! Where are you?!"

I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes.

"I-I know Peter. I'm scared."