"Thank you," he smiled.

And that's when it hit me. The Doctor was, well, hot. He was gorgeous actually. With a brilliant smile and eyes that would send Jacob Henrison running for the hills. I felt the red run up to my cheeks and I looked away to try to hide it, but I was pretty sure he noticed.

"Why are you alive? You told me last time that we'd never see each other again!" I said, trying to think of something else other than the Doctor's hotness.

"Well, I survived obviously!" and then, as we walked down the hall, he told the story of April 22nd at 5:02pm. Of how he faked his death in a Doctor robot.

"Why didn't you come right back?" I asked. "Why did you leave me thinking you were dead for 6 years?"

"First of all, I had other problems that needed my attending to including saving a little 7 year old girl from a Smogafit. You're welcome, by the way. And I'm not big on social visits really. Always have to be moving, to have some excitement!"

"If you're not big on social visits, what are you doing here?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Don't worry, any evil alien activity in this area has just been eliminated. I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by. You should have seen Craig's face, it was as if he's seen a ghost!" he laughed and I joined him.

"And then you decided you felt like dancing?" I added, pointing to the gym.

"With you, yeah" he added and my cheeks got even redder.

"Well why exactly are we leaving them?" I pointed out.

He suddenly stopped and I imitated him.

"Zera Roberts, may I have this dance?" I said, offering me his hand like we see in the movies.

We could the music echoing from the gym and "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" was blasting. In my opinion, it was the most beautiful love song of all time, but here in the hall with the Doctor, it sounded somehow magical...

I took his hand and he placed his other on my hip.

As we danced to the music, I found it hard not to burst in laughter as the Doctor made silly faces and comments. When the song reached its end, we were both singing the words loudly - and horribly. 

"Best dance ever, I say," I smiled as I opened the door to Craig's car.

"Wait a minute there! You drive? Without getting yourself killed?" he teased.

"Yes and frankly, I'm just as surprised as you are. Terrified I was when I first got behind the wheel of a car," I admitted as we both got seated.

"Promise me you won't kill me. I've been to Hell and back, to the most dreadful planets and survived the Time War, if I die in a simple car accident on Earth, I just might want to kill myself again!" he joked.

 I smirked and rolled my eyes.

Once home, I noticed that beautiful blue box parked at the corner of the street.

"Come in for tea?" I offered.

"Oh, I think I should go now..." he started.

"Please," I insisted. "I never get to see you, you've been dead to me for 6 years which, by the way, I never got over. The least you could do for that is stay just a little longer."

I played the guilt card and I know it was a low move, but what would you have done in my place?

He let out a long and defeated sigh.

"Fine, only because you ask so nicely," he said sarcastically and we got out of the car.

We walked inside where Craig was watching the telly and Sophie was next to him with Alfie on her lap.

"I'm home," I stated, entering the living room.

Craig seemed happy, but not at all surprised anymore. I was still getting over the fact he was standing right next to me.

"Hello, Doctor. Back so soon? What happened to your date? I told the Doctor to stay away, but does he ever listen?" Craig said, changing the channel.

"Doctor didn't ruin the night, he saved it!" I assured him. "Turns out it was a stupid and ridiculous prank."

"You should have seen how she told them off! Amazing! I've never seen such... feistiness! Personally, I was proud," he smiled.

Again, my I felt myself blush.

"I'm going to get changed..." I said, just to get out of the room.

I ran up the stairs and walked into my room. I took off the dress and slipped into my sweatpants and a tank top. Not my best look, but it wasn't like I had a chance with the Doctor.