Chapter 8

"You did not tell me that you're friends with such attractive people." Belle purred.

I chuckled, as I ate breakfast, Monday morning. Belle was sitting on the table, interrogating me.

"The black haired one - Will? Quite attractive, est-il pas?" She said.

I shrugged. "I guess. All the girls like him at our school."

"I can see why, and I can also see that you like him, too." Belle spoke.

I blushed slightly, and shook my head. "I don't like him like that, Belle."

"Lies, but alright." She said, leaping off of the table.

I finished eating my breakfast, and got into my car. I was starting to question why I had decided to go to school. I really did not like waking up so early. Technically, I could freeze time for awhile and sleep as much as I wanted, but I tried not to do that. I felt like it was cheating, in some way. I pulled up in front of my school within a few minutes, and walked inside. I met Clary, Isabelle, and Cecily at our lockers and started to talk with them.

"Where did you go off to on Saturday night?" Cecily asked.

The image of Will kissing that girl floated into my head, and I suddenly felt a bit sick.

"I wasn't feeling very well." I half-lied.

"Did Will find you?" Clary asked.

"Yeah, I was at the park. He drove me home." I replied.

"Thank god for that." An arrogant voice spoke from behind me. "Who knows what kind of people were out that late at night."

I turned around, to see Will leaning against the locker behind me, smirking. He was wearing tight black jeans and a grey hoodie that was rolled up to his elbows. He looked breath-taking.

"You mean people like you?" I crossed my arms.

Will laughed, and grinned at me. "Feisty this morning, aren't you?"

I shrugged. "You tell me."

He looked amused, and leaned in close to me.

"Are you flirting with me, Tess?" Will smirked, batting his eyelashes.

I felt out of breath. "Of course not."

He still looked amused, his eyes trailing down to my lips and up again. Jace, Alec, Gabriel, and a boy I didn't know walked up to us, then. The boy had brown hair and glasses. When Isabelle saw him, she fell into his arms. I learned that the boy's name was Simon Lewis, and he was Isabelle's boyfriend. He had been on vacation. The bell rang a few minutes later, and Cecily, Will, and I all walked to English. Will and I took our seats beside each other, and waited for class to start.

"I still don't get why you left the party on Saturday." He started.

"I told you, I wasn't feeling well." I replied.

"That's a nice excuse." Will said, raising an eyebrow at me.

I sighed. "Look, it's really not a big deal, okay?"

"Fine." Will spoke airily.

"Why do you even care, anyways?" I asked.

He only shrugged, casually. "Curious."

Class then started a few seconds later, and I dragged my attention off Will. The day went by quickly, and before I knew it, I was walking out of school with Will, Jace, Simon, Gabriel, Clary, Isabelle, and Cecily. There were a bunch of cars parked outside our school, and then I caught a glimpse of someone. When I saw who it finally was, I almost fainted. There was Jem, leaning up against my car, smiling.

"Jem!" I shouted.

I ran over to him, and threw myself in his arms. We hugged each other tightly, and after a few seconds, we pulled away.

"What -- what are you doing here?" I asked, bewildered.

"Thought I'd come visit you. I've missed you." He smiled.

"I've missed you, too." I hugged him again.

After I pulled away, I turned back to everyone else, who looked very confused.

"This is my best friend Jem I've told you about." I smiled.

Everyone introduced themselves, and then finally it was Will's turn.

"I'm Will." He spoke, sounding a bit annoyed.

Jem only smiled at him, and Will looked at him blankly. We all talked for a few minutes, and then decided that everyone would come to my house to hang out. Jem and I got into my car, and I began to drive.

"I still can't believe you're here." I stated.

"I wanted to come see you." Jem replied. "Your friends seem nice."

"They are." I said. "Though, Will's a bit weird."

"He looked as if he wanted to erase me from the face of the Earth, when I introduced myself to him." Jem sounded amused.

"Yeah, he's just like that." I muttered.

"I think he might like you." Jem grinned.

I scoffed. "No, Jem. He doesn't. I don't even think it's possible for him to like someone like that."

"People can surprise you." He said casually, looking out of the window.

Maybe, I thought, but you haven't met someone like Will.

Will's POV

"Okay, what is it?" Jace questioned.

The two of were driving to Tessa's house, after school. I was driving.

"What's what?" I echoed.

"You've been all quiet and pissy since we left school. Why?" He asked.

I sighed. Damn it, why did he have to know me so well. I had gotten so jealous seeing Tessa that guy - Jem, or something. She looked at him as if he were the only person on this Earth. I knew they weren't dating, but it looked like they were in love with each other.

"I'm not." I replied.

"Bullshit." Jace said at once. "Spit it out."

I only remained silent, and he looked at me. After a few seconds, he started to smirk.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" Jace smirked. "You're jealous of Tessa and that guy - Jem."

"What? Of course not." I lied, casually. "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

"I see the way you look at her, Will." Jace spoke. "You love her, don't you?"

I bit my lip, and didn't say anything.

"Knew it." He grinned wildly.

"If you tell anyone, I'll kill you." I mumbled.

Jace whistled. "So the arrogant and the "too good for everyone" Will Herondale actually fell in love."

I groaned. "It's horrible. It's totally wrecking my plans to be single forever."

Jace chuckled. "How unfortunate."

I sighed. "It really is."