First Pokemon!

Hoi! It's me again! I hope you're enjoying this so far. The last part was a little boring but It will get better, promise! Anyway, let's get on with it. -Y
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Calem's PoV~
Oh my lord! That was veeery very awkward! I'm not usually an extremely shy person but sometimes I can't help myself. Shauna and I just went down to go meet our new friend and neighbor, Serena for the first time.

I'm really glad that was over but I'm pleased we met her, I think she's kinda sweet. I'm not going to go into too much detail but she stepped out of her house looking tired and shocked, wearing pyjamas and had very messy hair. I admit that she looked kinda cute in her little mew pyjamas but thinking that kind of thing over too much won't get me anywhere. After all, were gonna be great friends I hope! She looked extremely embarrassed and I kinda felt sorry for her and I wish we didn't come at that time now, but how were we to know! Nevertheless she was still quite calm about it and after she rushed upstairs and got ready.

When we finally left together, set off to the next town which was just conveniently down the road. Our other friends Tierno and Trevor promised to meet us there at a nearby cafe, and sure enough as soon as we arrived, they were there ready to greet us and give us our very own Pokemon to start our adventure.

We all sat down and chatted to Serena about ourselves and Trevor and Tierno introduced themselves to her. After talking for a while Shauna picked up the bag containing the starter Pokemon and announced that it was time to pick! She offered me the bag and asked if I wanted to go first but I wanted to let Serena choose first since she is new and good impressions are crucial. She gladly took it and beamed appreciatively at me. I watched her as she chose carefully and finally settled on fennekin, the fire type.

That was fine because I now wanted froakie, he looked strong and also secretly because wanted to impress her by beating her in battle with my super effective water type, way to get the girls Calem, I thought . I'm still not really sure how I feel about her because on one hand I've known her for about 20 freaking minutes and I'm already wishing I'd known her a lot longer, I've gotta admit that she looks quite pretty in her dress and has a very likeable personality and I'm sure she will become a great friend and rival. But on the other I'm slightly worried that she might even become a stronger trainer than me and my ultimate goal is to eventually be the best!

I'd best not think about it too much right now and I should probably leave it for fate to decide but I still can't help myself challenging her to a battle, just to see. So I awkwardly call her name and she turns around to face me, smiling as always

"What is it, Calem?" She asks sweetly
"Uh do you want to um, test your Pokemon in a battle with me?" I question rather quietly. I don't know why I'm being so shy around her, we're friends for gods sake! I'm not like this with Shauna!
"That would be a little unfair on my fire Pokemon, since you have a water type and all but sure we could try!" Serena agrees. That was smart of her, most trainers starting out wouldn't have a clue. Maybe she knows more than she is letting on.

"Okay then, I'll have my first ever battle with you!" I say more enthusiastically this time.
"You're just challenging me because you want to win!" She teases, winking at me slightly
I blush a little but go along with it,
"And I will!" I exclaim
"Oh no you won't" and with that she sends out her fennekin.

I send out froakie and the battle starts, I don't really know what I'm doing and so I just try out his moves.
"Froakie! Use leer!" I shout and he does what he is told. I'm not quite sure what it did but I hope it made a difference.
"Alright fennekin, go ahead and use scratch!" Serena shouts. Fennekin immediately rushes toward froakie and claws at him, confusing him a little. I decide to follow her tactic and tell froakie to use his attacking move too but her fast little fennekin avoids it, how is this fair!?

"Having trouble? I thought you had the advantage here," Serena laughs smugly and makes her fennekin tackle froakie one last time, making froakie faint. I just stand there gobsmacked, how is she so good! Instead of impressing her, she completely destroyed me and she probably thinks I'm weak now! I don't know why I care so much about what she

thinks about me but-
"Hellooo? Anyone in there? Did I break you Calem?" Serena shouts. Oops I was in my own world again. I blush, of course and realise I've been standing here, mouth open, eyes wide for the past 2 minutes,
"O-of course not! I-I mean whoah-" I stop talking, if I go on, I'll just make a fool of myself.
"I'm sorry I beat you Calem, but hey, better luck next time. Right?" She says sympathetically, not looking so smug anymore.

"Wow, no don't be sorry! That was amazing! Congrats on winning your first battle!" I say happily.

I've decided that she is better than me, but that's okay because I will beat her someday, that is my goal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God that took a while to write! I hope you liked it though and as always please leave suggestions and stuff for me, it would really help a lot. It's harder than I thought to write this though. I think the story is going way off track of the games buy hey, who cares. I like it more like this! I'm sorry there isn't much to ship at the moment but I prefer building it up! Also wow there is now 1033 words :) anyway see you tomorrow! -Y