Chapter Twenty Two

Ali's POV

I tread up the stairs and open the door to my brothers' apartment, my heart is beating out of my chest. I don't know what to say to Waverly, I don't know what she's feeling. It has to be ten times worse then what I'm feeling by far.

I should've never taken her to that party. I'm so stupid, who introduces their niece to drugs and alcohol? And with that crowd? I never expected that out of Mason.. He deserved to have his ass beat. If only I'd had time..

"Alistair! Hey budd- are you okay?" Dan's face falls seeing me, I know I look like shit. I haven't slept in days. How could I sleep knowing what happened to Wave? And then facing her dads as if it never happened?

"I'm fine," I try to brighten my eyes a little. "Um, is Waverly home? I just needed to talk to her.."

"Yeah she's home.." He looks me up and down suspiciously, raising his eyebrow and looking back down the hall. "You know her phone is on right?"

"Oh yeah, I know. I was passing by and figure ya know. It'd be nice to. Like. Check  in on her.." I cough away some of the anxiety and soften up to seem more genuine.

"Yeah, she's in her room. She over heard me and Phil talking about mum refusing the wedding invitation and she's pretty uh.. pretty upset about that." Dan moves aside granting me access, I can finally breathe.  I pace back to her room and knock, nothing.

"Wave?" I whisper into the crack of the door. Nothing. I enter the room without further permission. I close the door behind me, sighing at the sight. Waverly is sitting in the bed with her laptop in her lap, her headphones covering her ears.

"Waverly.." I sit at her feet and place my hand on her knee. She jerks her legs to her body and pauses the video. She takes her headphones off, sliding down their neck. Her eyes are dark, her lips pale. "Duckie.."

"I'm trying to watch Joey's new vlog okay?" She snaps, her voice is dry and cracked. My heart sinks in my chest.

"Um.. yeah its fine. I get it." I rub my chapped lips together and look down. "I was just checking.. to see if you're alright."

"Get out." Waverly strikes. Her voice is sharp and bitter and cuts so deep.

"Duckie.. c'mon please talk to me." I beg. I can't loose her. I need her and she needs me. My pulse thuds nearly out of my skin as tears prick in our eyes.

"Don't call me that. Get out of my life and stay away from me!" Waverly raises her voice at me and pushes my shoulders. Obviously with my size against hers it does hurt but knowing her broken heart behind the gesture is just as painful.

"That's not fair! Please let me help!" I stand up and try to reason with her. She cuts me off quickly by standing up herself she balls her fists and her chest puffs up. I step back with my hands in surrender. "Woah.."

"Don't." She whispers through her teeth so nobody but us can hear. "You don't get to tell me what's fair. I told you that party was a bad idea, you knew I didn't want to sneak out. 'Dan will never know!' 'All normal  teenagers do it!' I can't even look my dads in the eyes now, Ali. I can't even look at myself in the mirror." Waverly takes a step back and crosses her arms. "Do me a favor and the wedding. Stay home with your homophobic mum. Just.. get out of my life."

I look down at my trembling hands, there's nothing I can do now to change her mind. I think back to that night, the fear that shook over her body that blended with her heavy sobs running down her naked body is the image that will never be erased from my brain. Without a word, I just nod my head and turn around. I leave her room, its so hard not to fight against her. But I know. Waverly doesn't deserve to have me around as a reminder. Its all my fault.

Dan's POV

 "When should we tell her about the honeymoon? She still thinks she's going to mums and I don't want to stress her out." I look over at my beautiful fiancée with questioning eyes. His focus on the computer screen is so adorable.

"I was thinking we could like.. surprise her with the plane tickets while she's Facetiming Joey or something. I can't wait to see her reaction.." Phil's smile warms my chest, I know he loves her so much.

"Why don't you text Joey? I'm gonna get some chores done." I kiss his head and start picking up laundry around the house. I start with our room and bathroom, then on to Waverly's room. I stop in front of her door and pause. I take the few shirts I collected to the laundry room and come back with a candy bar from the kitchen.

I step into my daughters room with a light knock on the door, I peek around with a goofy grin. Waverly is on the bed wrapped in her blankets with her laptop in beside her. She looks up with eyes darker than before. Without a word I place the candy bar on the keyboard and run my fingers across her cheek. She looks up at me with those big brown eyes, so innocent.

"I love you, sweet girl." I whisper. The edges of her lips curl up in a small smile.

"I love you too, daddy." Its the first time she's spoken to me all day, I don't make a big deal out of it. I don't want to weird her out. My chest warms every time she calls me that, she's my baby.

I smile and go to her bathroom, I leave her be. Her bathroom seems pretty neat, she must've cleaned up her sink. I pick some towels up from the pile in the floor and put them in the useless laundry basket. I smile and shake my head, teenagers.

Picking up some of her shirts, curiosity strikes me. Fear hides in the back of my mind. Please. I turn the sleeves inside out and hold my breath. My heart sinks as I tug at my hair. Why, Waverly? Why?  I breathe deep breaths and look through the rest of the shirts. Little dots of bloods line the cuffs of of four sweater shirts. I shake my head, I thought we were over this. I thought she learned, we trusted her. I quickly search the shower and the drawers. I finally find her razor we finally gave her to save her legs, clearly we'd made a mistake. One of the five blades is missing. I guess she thought we trusted her a little too quickly. The missing blade is shoved between two towels on the rack. Why.

I snatch up every sharp object I can find along with the laundry basket and quickly pace back to the living room. I try to calm myself but it doesn't seem to work.

"Babe! What's wrong? What happened? What is this?" Phil springs off the couch and looks at all the objects in my hands.

My throat swells, I look him in the eyes with so much regret.

"She's a.. she's not clean."

a/n im sorry if this sucks im so self conscious ab like every chapter but ya know. im lonely 5evr lately luv u giys

-k