chapter one - girl

Collage of 5SOS in this story :)) who likes my awful photo editing skills in getting plaits onto Calum's head?? XD XD

Chapter 1 - girl

Luke manoeuvred through the crowd of bodies, loud club music banging his ear drums so he couldn't hear anything. He'd spotted Ashton in the kitchen, but what was proving difficult was getting to him; people were surrounding him in all four corners either dancing or grinding, or both.

Sure, he loved going to parties and getting wasted, but tonight was one of those nights that he was probably better off at home. A headache had begun to surface and he squeezed his eyes shut to try and counter the pain.

He finally arrived in the kitchen and Ashton passed him a drink. "You okay Luke?" he asked, leaning against the counter. Luke nodded weakly.

"Yeah. Just a bit tired."

"Go hook up with someone then," he suggested, patting his shoulder. "Yeah?"

"I'm not really in the mood..."

Suddenly, Ashton stopped a girl wearing short shorts and high heels, and brought her over. "Hey Caitlin, you wanna hook up with Luke?"

Caitlin was the popular girl at school, whereas Luke was the popular guy. They'd been rumoured to be together since the beginning of secondary school – they were the perfect fit, truthfully. They'd also had sex several times, but Luke wasn't really into her.

No, Luke wasn't into girls in general. He was straight, but thought that was a stupid label for himself since he'd never actually been with a guy before, so how would he know? All he knew was that girls didn't turn him on, and he hadn't yet dared to get with a guy, so it was just way easier to say he was straight.

Caitlin giggled, grabbing the neck of Luke's tank top and bringing it closer. "I'd do you any day, Luke," she whispered harshly, pressing her lips against his in a rushed movement. "Mm... let's take this upstairs..." Ashton grinned and went back to talking to his friend Bryana.

Slowly they pushed past people and somehow made it up the narrow staircase to the upper floor, where it was quieter but still loud enough to give Luke a headache. They burst into a room, only to be stopped when they saw two guys sitting on the bed.

Luke's blurred eyes managed to see a brunette guy with tattoos down his right arm, and a few on his upper chest. Damn. He looked fine; shame his jeans were still on. The other guy was a fluffy haired blonde who was fully clothed, and that was when it was made obvious that they hadn't just been making out.

"Sorry, c'mon let's go Calum."

Luke squinted. He didn't recognise them, or the name Calum, but none of that mattered because within seconds they were out. Caitlin pushed him on to the bed, hastily pulling her tight crop top off and revealing a frilly red bra that barely covered her nipples.

Half an hour later, they collapsed on the bed and sighed, Caitlin still high as fuck and ready for more. Luke on the other hand just wanted to go home – the alcohol was making him think weird things. Like how hot that tattooed guy looked, and the way his sculpted muscles contracted when he got off the bed. He almost felt like he recognised the guy, but that was an even stranger thought. Of course he didn't know him.

"Luke, you're such a good fuck. We should just get together!"

He furrowed his brows and shut his eyes, not wanting to listen to her high-pitched voice any longer. "I'm gonna go," he muttered, picking up his clothes and putting them on before she could protest. He headed back downstairs and waved goodbye to Ashton before walking outside.

~

Meanwhile, Calum was hyperventilating to his best friend Michael about seeing Luke up close.

"I've literally not been able to go within two metres to him these past two years," he spilled, fanning himself with a hand whilst they sat outside in the back garden, where people were splashing about and climbing the trees. "He looked so hot making out with that girl as well..."

Michael let out a small sigh, shaking his head at his lovesick friend who'd been admiring this Luke guy who even went to another school for such a long time. "Why don't you just go and introduce yourself?"

"He's straight, you idiot."

He held up his hands surrendering, and lifted his eyebrows. "Your loss. You haven't even tried."

"If only I was a girl..."

Suddenly, Michael had a bright idea. "Hey, listen up. How about, I turn you into a girl?"

Calum snapped his head round to see if Michael had gone mad, or had actually just uttered those words. "What the fuck?!"

"Yeah! We definitely need to do this; if he's only into girls, then become one!"

"How the fuck am I going to pull that off?" No matter how hard Calum tried to think of ways this would work, nothing came to mind.

"We just... put a wig on you, cover up those tattoos, put some lipstick on... yep, I can already see it. Obviously, you'd need to work on the voice and walk too, but that'll come later. Come on, let's go back to yours and ask Mali to help us!"

Calum simply shook his head in ridiculousness as his friend dragged him through the house and out the front. It would be impossible for him to become a girl – for starters, he had a bloody dick, which for your information was not easily covered up due to its size; what's more, he might have been skinny but his feet were pretty massive.

This obviously wasn't going to work.

"Mali! We need your help!" Michael hollered up the staircase, already beginning to play around with Calum's hair. She came treading down, an annoyed look on her face. "What do you dorks want now?"

"We need to turn Calum into a girl!"

Her expression went from angry to 'what-the-fuck' and resulted in her rolling her eyes. "Honestly, what next... you guys are so weird." She then thought it would be kinda fun, so agreed. "Come up then. Cal, you can start by getting rid of that awful ripped band tee..."

Upstairs, Mali prepared her foundation to cover up Calum's tattoos, one of the wigs she sometimes wore when she wanted longer and more luscious hair, and chose some clothes that would fit her younger brother's thin but muscular build.

"I'm so glad mum and dad aren't home right now," Calum said with a sigh of relief as they put a bra on him, stuffing it with black tights. Their parents were actually away for four months, because of work – they called home every few days to check, but Mali and Calum were pretty independent. Mali was at college, whilst Calum was in his first year of high school at a school that unfortunately wasn't Luke's. So he usually went there after lessons and waited for Luke to come out just so he could catch a glimpse of the tall blonde. Creepy, sure, but satisfying – yes.

"You don't want to wear a dress do you?" Michael checked, looking through the pile of Mali's dresses. They all seemed a bit small for Calum, and besides, perhaps wearing a dress was taking it too far.

As expected, Calum shook his head. "I'd rather stick to jeans and a sweater."

They understood and Mali picked a grey furry sweater with a black love heart. "This would be good with your grey Vans and a beanie," she suggested, so he tried it on, smiling at the mirror when he saw how similar he looked to his sister.

They spent the rest of the evening trying on different outfits and practising feminine voices, until Michael had to go home due to his curfew.

The next obstacle was changing schools.

***

There's the first chapter for you! I don't know when I'll post the next one, but vote+comment if you enjoyed it and let me know if it's okay so far :))

I'm gonna start doing dedications in the next chapter - to get one, just vote or comment :) I'm sure there will be plenty of dedications to go out in this fic!

Question: malum or mashton?

Kimmy xx