2|CAT AND MOUSE

2|CAT AND MOUSE

"Someone heard us!" I exclaimed at Camille when we were riding the bus going to school.

"Heard what?" She said while texting on her phone.

"Our conversation on the bleachers at the tennis court during lunch yesterday! You know. . . about me!" I said half exclaiming and half whispering. Her hand halted from tapping her phone and looked at me at last.

"What!? Who? And how did you know?" She asked in surprise.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and showed her my conversation with Four. She snatched my phone and started reading it.

"That stalker called his own name as Four. That's not even a name. I'm sure that that crazy shit was playing games on me!"

"Wait! Four just texted you again!" Camille exclaimed and I snatched my phone from her hands reading Four's message.

Four: Hey! Good morning, puceau!😊

"Who the fvck is puceau! And what's with this blushing emoticon for?" I exclaimed while jabbing my phone with my index finger annoyingly just when Four texted again.

Four: If you're wondering what puceau means, it's virgin in french.

I felt my cheeks heated up and heard Camille trying to stifle a laugh. I glared at her. "It's not funny!"

"Yeah." She nodded. "I know. We should search the owner of that number, right?"

"Exactly!"

"But where are we gonna start?" She asked and I bit my nail. "Stop biting your nails, will you? You look gross."

"School." I said and made a face at her and started typing a reply to Four.

Me: what r ur true intentions!?

Four immediately replied and Camille leaned closer to read Four's reply.

Four: Nothing. I just find it amusing that those rumors i heard about you turned out to be just rumors after all.

Me: you don't have the intention of telling anyone about it?

Four: No.

I felt relieved and Camille exhaled upon reading his reply. I was about to type thank you when I received another message from Four.

Four: But i might change my mind. It depends on you.

"What. . ." I frowned and looked at Camille before typing again.

Me: what do you mean?

Four: I want you to buy my silence.

"Ha!?" I gasped. I don't have money to buy Four's silence! Camille snatched my phone from my hands and started typing a reply when Four sent a message again.

Four: And by buying doesn't mean money. I just want you to talk to me, you can say that i'm one of your fans. 😉

"Oh, gosh! As clear as the crystals, this Four's hitting on you! I'm so sure of it, Coby!" Camille said.

"What!?" A shiver runs down my spine. If Camille's true then I am being stalked by some lonely stranger who was trying to hit on me. I felt like I should be cautious. What if I would be kidnapped, raped and killed!? What the fvck! It sounded as if I was a woman, but I already heard news like that. I shivered.

**

I was skimming my notes recalling what I studied yesterday while I was walking down the corridor. We were having a long quiz on Analytic Geometry. Our instructor was already distributing the test papers when I went inside the room and I hurried on settling myself to my chair. I glanced at the test paper: one to ten were identification and the rest were numbers and problem-solving.