Chapter 16

Today's my birthdays and I'm pumped, I'm finally 16.

Yeah it's been a good month since Grayson and I had our little chat, he hasn't said another thing about it and we went on like normal.

We actually hang out more then he hangs with his girlfriend, wouldn't surprise me if she splits up with him.

I don't know what I'm going to do today because there's no school and I've never really done anything for my birthday.

Cameron,Brody and Grayson said it will be the sickest birthday I've ever had but I don't know what it's like to have a sick birthday so let's hope it's not sitting in my room or giving anyone their tablets.

When I woke up I went straight to the bathroom, luckily no one was awake yet because I don't really want them to see what I look like first thing in the morning.

Yes I've been here for 2 months know and still the only person that knows what I look like in the morning is my brother Brody.

I'm to scared to show myself in the morning so I always wake us earlier then everyone else to get showered and ready.

Cameron's asked a few times how do I wake up with perfect hair but secretly I think she knows what I do.

Once I was done in the shower I got changed in a black knee high skirt, mustard coloured jumper and some knee high socks with cats on. 

It's pointless me putting any shoes on just yet because I'm not leaving the house so I'll put them on if we leave

I went back to my bedroom, grabbed my old watch, summers hat and glasses then headed aback down to the bathroom to sort my hair out.

I dried my hair then let my natural curls dangle down, I normally straighten it of put it in a messy bun but I'm in the curly hair mood today.

Once I was done  I headed down stairs quietly to make sure I don't wake anyone.

But when I got into the kitchen I noticed a note, phone box and a bottle of water.

When I picked up the note it said: 'we've gone out to fetch something but happy birthday, Grayson and Ethan are in we've took Brody and Cameron with us to help, yes the phones your just get something to eat and drink first, there's a lot in happy birthday Scarlett xxxx'

I looked at the phone then looked around the room to see if anyone's around then back at the note, am I reading this right is this actually for me.

"Yes it's yours birthday girl" I jumped and turned around "what you waiting for open it" I frown then Grayson came up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"What's this for" I said whilst rapping my arms around Grayson's waist "it's a birthday hug, but I expect one back when it's mine next week" I nodded then we both pulled away giggling.

Well that wasn't expected "go on open it" he picked up the phone and handed it me "I'm suppose to eat before I open it" Grayson giggled then nudged me.

"I won't tell mum if you don't" he winked at me then I took the phone from his grip "I'm so nervous, I've never owned my own phone" I felt tears building up in my eyes.

"Hey don't cry" Grayson lifted my chin up with his thumb and index finger and wiped a tear that escaped my right eye with his other thumb.

"Sorry I've just never had this before, I normally get a pair of socks or nothing at all" Grayson smiled making me smile "well you'll never ever not get a present ever again I'll make sure of it" he kissed my forehead then pulled away.

Why is he being like this, yes it's my birthday but doesn't mean he needs to be this nice.

I pulled off the rubbish from the outside of the box and slowly lifted the lid making sure I didn't drop the phone.

When I seen it was a rose gold I couldn't hold the tears in, miss Dolan is the best mother I've ever had.

"I'm guessing you like it then" I looked up at Grayson, even though I couldn't see him that well because my eyes were really blurry.

"Like it, I love it, I use to go past the apple shop and look at the phones and I've always wondered what it was like to own an apple phone and know I've got one I don't know what to do with it" Grayson giggled then pulled me into another hug.

It felt like we were hugging forever but we instantly pulled away when we heard the front door shut and footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Oh your awake happy birthday" miss Dolan said then pulled me into a massive hug, Brody and Cameron joined in.

Having a hug is the best feeling in the world it gets rid of all my worries, I don't even need to think when someone hugs me.

"Darling will you go into the living room for a second whilst we sort something out" miss Dolan said as she pulled away, I nodded then headed out the door.

"Ethan go with her please" I turned to look at Ethan and he rolled his eyes, verdantly he doesn't like me.

To be honest with you I would prefer Grayson to come sit in the living room with me but Ethan's alright.

When I sat down Ethan sat across the room from me and wiped his phone out, I tried to turn mine on but I don't know how to work iPhones.

"You hold in this button dumb arse" Ethan said whilst snatching my phone from my hand and turning it on.

"Well I'm sorry I've never turned on a iPhone before, smart arse" He rolled his eyes then passed my phone back.

It's kind of easy from then on it was set up in no time, just need music and pictures then I'm sorted.

Once my phone was all set up the kitchen door swung open and in came Grayson, Brody, Cameron and miss Dolan.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Scarlett
Happy birthday to you"

They all sang as miss Dolan carried in a cake with candles on and everyone else had presents.

I wasn't expecting anything else a phone was enough, what are they doing to me.

I felt the tears come down my cheek once again this morning, I can't help it I've never had this before, I haven't had cake since I was 6 years of age.

I know long time ago.