An Almost Perfect End to an Amazing Day

~Carl~
Spending the day together was the best idea anyone could possibly think of. Once I caught up to her, we sat down on the blanket to eat lunch. Rachael had snuck out extra chocolate as a special treat, which was completely worth it.
After we finished eating and a couple minutes of siting in quiet, Rachael stands up and pulls my hand, trying to get me to wake up and follow her. I had fallen asleep not to long ago and I really was a little tired, so I groaned as she continued to try and pull me up. I loved being stubborn with her, it was so much fun to see her irritated.
She kneels down beside me and gently brushes my bangs out of my face. I smile at her touch and lean closer to her hand. I feel her breath against my ear as she murmurs to me,"I'll be in the woods when you feel like getting up sleepyhead,".
     I smile and by the time I open my eyes, she's already disappeared in to trees.
~Rachael~
     I'm staring at the leaves above my while I wait for Carl to get up. He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping, I almost couldn't bother him. The snap of twigs break me from my day dream and I hold my breath, staying perfectly still.
Strong arms wrap around my waist and I immediately know it's Carl. I let out my breath and lean my head against his shoulder. "Did I scare you?" he asks sweetly, fake concern in his voice. I roll my eyes and respond sarcastically,"Absolutely,".
He chuckles, kisses my hair, then releases his arms, taking my hand and saying," Follow me, I want to show you something,". I let him lead me deeper into the woods, excited to see what he had to show me.
Carl leads me into a clearing that had a breath taking view. Seeing my reaction, he smiles and says,"I know right, I found this place when I was 15, when I first got here,".
I turn to him and say," It's beautiful Carl,". "It is," the blue eyed boy answered, taking a seat next to a tree. I walk over and sit next to him, still taking in the wonderful view.
     Carl's quiet for a while, so I look over at him, concerned. He shakes his head calmly and I relax.  Then he searches my eyes for a moment, the certainty fills his own.
     Carl then leans over and kisses me. I hesitate for a second, then kiss him back and my stomach exploded with butterflies that wouldn't settle down. He pulls away, cupping my cheek in his hand and smiles. I smile back as he says quietly,"Let's go home,".
    I nod as we walk hand in hand to our picnic spot, gather our stuff, and head home, but what we saw when we got there wasn't exactly a nice welcome home.
----------------------------------------------
Hey peeps!!!
    I hope you liked this chapter!!  Please remember to cote and comment!  Thanks!!
See you later!!😍🐼😎