New York, New York (Bring Your Friends)

Seven months have passed since Ms. Perry's funeral and the last part of Ryan's old apartment has finally arrived to Adam's in Brooklyn.
   "Well that wraps it up man!" Ryan smiled to Adam as they placed a three seat couch in their living room down. .
   "Five years ago, i never thought that this would have happened. Thank you two for everything you have done for me," Adam smiled, "I couldn't have any other friends as good as you two and i believe that this is the beginning of the best chapter of our live's."
   "It is. We are all here together. We are all right where we want to be. All thanks to you two, i got out of some really bad situations in my past life. I love you two." Claire smiled as she hugged them both, "now, anybody want a blue ribbon?" She offered as she opened the fridge.
   Adam accepted the invite for one and Ryan declined, he hasn't even smoked since the first day of their journey together. They all then sat on their couch and claire wrapped her legs and around Ryan as they began to watch Adam's favorite movie which was 'The Goonies'. The sun faded behind the skyscrapers of Manhattan and the night breeze filled the room as it flowed in from the window. It created a feeling that was safe and secure to Ryan, he loved the night.
   The movie ended and Claire was asleep on Ryan's shoulder and Adam tapped him.
   "Come with me," Adam smiled as Claire woke up when Ryan stood up.
   "Where are you two going?" She asked with frizzy hair and no makeup, Ryan liked her more that way.
   "You're coming too." Ryan smiled and pulled her off the couch as they followed Adam out of the apartment.
   "Follow me." Adam began to climb a ladder that looked like it ended at the edge of the roof.
   The three friends climbed to the top of the ladder and there they were, on the roof. The stars were out and the city looked like home to all three of them as they sat on the edge of the building. Their legs dangling off the side, they were all three content with the way things were going.
Adam put one arm around both of them and said, "thank you guys. You've made me feel alive again. It's good to be home. Forever."
"Yeah, I can do this for the rest of my life." Ryan laughed and gave Adam a fist bump as fireworks shot into the sky, the burst was an echo of freedom that they all deserved.
"Honestly. I'd do it all again." Claire smiled.
"The way we got here?" Adam asked
"Yeah, you know, singing all those songs, the late nights were all we had each other."
"Yeah, i get that." Ryan smiled as he played with Claire's hair, who was laying in her head in his lap.
"So here's to another year, one full of tears and happiness. One full of chances and mistakes. One full of love and joy. This one is for us. We made it." The three group hugged and began to cry.
"And we will last forever." Ryan smiled as the fireworks kept bursting in the midnight sky on the streets of Manhattan, a city that he never saw himself living in. He knew that he would never be alone anymore. He finally completed the long way home.