More Than Just Words

Seven hours of bad turbulence and crying babies were over as the three landed down in New York. Adam was cold, not physically but his emotional level was so low that it was hard for him to walk. Ryan supported him because Ryan knew exactly what he was going through, it was strange how these things happened. Claire didn't care how well she was looking but instead she was worried about Adam. They exited onto the streets that Adam grew up on.
A soft smile appeared on Adam's face and he slowly said , "I can't wait until i get home."
"Not much longer buddy," Ryan patted his back and called for a taxi.
The taxi pulled up and all three of them climbed into the back seat. It was snowing in the city that Adam called home. It shifted and swayed down to the ground of the Earth. The driver was separated by a clear glass window as he turned his head to them.
"Where to kid?" He nodded to Adam, as if he could tell who was here and why.
"Well uh-"
"I know where you want to go, hold on kid." The driver responded as he began to drive to the hospital and Adam held Claire's hand, for comfort. Ryan looked out the window and watched the snow fall, he had only seen it once or twice before so he was still amazed by it. Once they arrived to the hospital, the three climbed out and Ryan turned around to pay for the ride as the other two continued inside.
   "Hey, thank you once again man." Ryan lifted his head and stretched his hand out to the passenger window but the taxi wasn't there anymore. He shrugged it off and decided to catch up to them.
   "Mom..." Adam softly mumbled as he walked into her room and to the edge of her bed, already crying.
   "I'm not the best person, i know. I'm so sick of the person i used to be and that's why i left you. I'm so sorry mom." Adam wept and leaned in to hug his mother for the last time and as he hugged her, Ms.Perry's eyes opened and she took a deep breath.
    "Adam, you made it." She smiled softly and placed the palm of her hand against his cheek. Ryan and Claire sat on a bench outside of the room, her head on Ryan's shoulder because she was so tired.
   "i love you, Adam. No matter where you travel, no matter how bad you drift away from what's right. You're not close to perfect for most people, but you're perfect to me. I love you, my only son." Adam's mom slowly said, her life was slipping and it did. Her hand fell back by her side and she left Adam here alone. Adam collapsed to the floor and began to cry. Ryan heard the weeping and walked in, "Come on, kid. You saved me, now it's my turn to save you." He picked up Adam into his arms and walked out of the room holding him.
"Is there any place you want to go before we go home?" Ryan asked him in a whisper and Adam shook his head as a yes against Ryan's shoulder.
"I want to go home. Not to California, not to Florida, but back to Brooklyn." Adam spoke as he choked on the tears that he was shedding.
   "well, that's where we will go. All three of us." Ryan put his arm around Adam and they walked out of the hospital that way. Claire stood as close as she could to Ryan as they waited for a taxi.
   The taxi ride was a normal bumpy one as the taxi was still full of cigarette smoke from the last rider. The apartment looked exactly the same as how Adam remembered it.
   "It's good to be home." Adam smiled softly as he walked down the narrow hallway to his bedroom. There was still a pizza stain in the carpet from when he was a teenager and he laughed at it, as he walked into his room. The room was filled with posters of bands such as Pierce The Veil, The Wonder Years, Issues, Neck Deep, All Time Low, and a lot of A Day To Remember. He smiled and sat on his bed, looking around his room at the computer desk he made youtube videos on, remembering what being a kid was like.
   "Could we stay here, for a while?" Adam smiled looking up to Ryan and Claire.
   "Yeah bud. I have a good idea about that." Ryan smiled and put a arm around Claire's neck as they stood there, together as boyfriend and girlfriend.