What To Invent «Itona Horibe»

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Stitching a curtain isn’t easy.” You replied, frowning.

“But (y/n)-san you’re the most skilled person in Home Economics. You’re next to Itona in being the inventor. I’m sure you can finish the curtains in a span of an hour.”

It was a pleasure hearing a compliment from the octopus so even though it was against your will, you nodded. “Extra credits, octopus.”

“I’m good. I’ve thought of a way to make this classroom a little chilly.” Itona said with his neutral expression. “Shall we start, (y/n)-san?”

“Yeah.”

Koro-sensei produced squishing sounds with his tentacles. He’s clapping... maybe. “Then I’ll get my tofu. Stomach’s grumbling, hehe.”

“Wait what?” You reacted before you could bring out the stitching materials and a plain yellow cloth. “No one will supervise us. That’s your job, Koro-sensei. Bitch-sensei and Karasuma-sensei are out somewhere.”

“Don’t worry. In a snap of your fingers I’ll be back.” He assured. “Itona-kun is here to protect you from any danger.”

You whipped your head to look at him and rolled your eyes, grumbling, “Yeah, right.”

“Yellow target, out.” The yellow octopus then sped out of the ajar window, leaving you and Itona alone. Quietly, you prepared the needle, thread, measuring tape and the yellow cloth. You were going to stitch manually.

“What to invent...” Itona drawled.

“I thought you have an idea about your invention.”

“I actually don’t.”

You sighed, putting down the materials. “Let me give you an idea. Air conditioner.”

“Something more unique?”

“Then call Ritsu.” He shook his head stubbornly. “Fine. Do whatever you want.”

“I want you to lend me a hand.”

You raised the thread and needle, “I have my business. See, more than two curtains is what this classroom needs.”

Instantly, Itona was in front of you. “Then give me an idea.” He loomed over your figure, taking you by surprise. He took this nonchalantly and leaned closer.

A red tint began to dust your cheeks. “I told you, ask Ritsu!”

“Don’t yell.” Itona laughed. Woah. This is the first time I’ve seen him laugh. He was the most neutral faced guy here on earth. I had no idea that he has fun sometimes. “I was only playing around. Thanks anyway.” He stepped back as he gathered his own materials for his invention.

“There wasn’t a single suggestion you heard from me. Why are you thanking—”

“(y/n)-san, you’ve been a great help.” Itona interrupted, beaming at the screwdriver he held. “You have no idea as to how you helped me with inventing something today.”

You never had a clue with what he’s saying so you just brushed it off and went with measuring the window.

“Hey.” Koro-sensei greeted as he came in through the window. “How’s it going?”

“Fine.” Itona and you answered in unison. You gave him a fleeting look; a look that he never returned.

“I’m done with the first curtain. Can you please hang it for me, Koro-sensei?”

“Sure, sure. I hope you’ve had fun being alone with Itona.” The yellow octopus murmured the last sentence.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Oh nothing,” He replied in a singsong way, gently getting the first curtain from your hand.

~

The next day, Class 3E was letting out breaths of relief. They thanked you and Itona for the refreshing feeling of the classroom.

“I so love this classroom!” Kayano chirped, skipping towards her seat which was next to Nagisa.

“Well at least it’s not that hot anymore.” Nagisa said as he pulled out a notebook.

You smiled, crossing your arms. It was fun and overwhelming to see your classmates all giddy early in the morning just because of the coldness they’ve been wanting to feel.

“Thanks, (y/n)-san.” You looked around and saw Itona walking past you, a mysterious aura around him.

Word count: 1175