What To Invent «Itona Horibe»

Requested by ComboShot-Kid :)

Very hot. An understatement.

It's the hottest time of the year. Everyone has that knowledge as they fanned themselves with their hands because there was no air conditioner. For the first time, even though everyone enjoyed being in Class 3E, they wanted to be in Kunugigaoka itself just so they could feel coldness.

"I can't take this anymore." Koro-sensei breathed out, melting as the sun glared at him. "I can't teach properly at this state. You kids wouldn't be able to learn anything."

"Aw, come on. I never really heard a word from you until now." Maehara mumbled. The rest of the class agreed with him.

"Okay, okay. I guess lessons are temporarily stopped at this point." The yellow octopus set down his teaching stick. "Let's all go to the pool." The whole class lightened up by his suggestion and hurriedly stood up.

"Fun? That's what I'm talking about!" Terasaka yelled, pumping a fist in the air.

"I know right." Okuda did a few stretching, a smile painted on her face.

"I didn't bring any swim shorts." Isogai worriedly ran a hand through his face.

Everyone made their way towards the swimming pool jollily. Upon arrival though, the sight that welcomed them wasn't exactly welcoming. The pool was very dry.

"That's not what I'm talking about." Terasaka uttered in dismay.

"Nyuya!?" Was Koro-sensei's reaction.

Everybody stared at the disaster. Trees and plants weren't withered, animals were happily jumping around... and the pool was the only thing not wet.

Class 3E had been sweating a lot even with their swimwear.

"Give me ice. I need one." Kayano groaned.

Okano audibly sighed. "No choice. We have to go back to our classroom."

Koro-sensei said yes to Okano's words. Begrudgingly, Class 3E complied to Koro-sensei's request.

~

"(y/n)-san. Itona-kun." Koro-sensei voiced out before you two could even go out the classroom. Both of you never protested about the burning heat earlier. "Can I have a little moment with you guys?"

"Okay." Itona responded, placing down his backpack on a vacant chair. "What do you need?"

"Itona-kun, (y/n)-san... I guess I can rely on you guys with my request. I hope it'll be heeded because it's for the sake of the whole class, not to mention Irina-sensei and Karasuma-sensei." Your eyes narrowed in curiosity as the yellow octopus continued speaking. "As a matter of fact it can help the both of you too."

"Does it have something to do with boobs?" Itona asked bluntly, leaning on a wall. You rolled your eyes at how perverted he was.

"Nope." Koro-sensei chuckled. "Something to do with Summer."

"What is it?" You inquired. Koro-sensei looked amused for it was the first time that you spoke.

"Please invent something that will cool off this classroom." He then turned to you. "(y/n)-san, stitch some curtains. It will prevent at least a little sunlight from seeping in through the window."

“So are we going to make it at home as some sort of assignment?” Itona was now by the door, peeking.

“No... if it’s okay, you’ll have to do it here.”