Acceptance?

I woke up with an ache throughout most of my body and I smiled at the memories of the previous night flooding my mind. I stretched before reaching for my phone. 7 am. It started vibrating and I looked at it again to see who was calling, then answered quickly. "Hello." "Good morning, beautiful." "I just woke up to a delicious ache all through my body. Know anything about that, Sheriff?" "I know that I woke up with one too." "Why didn't you stay the night?" "Because someone kept insisting that our son would find out." "Hm. Well. I'm almost tired of this waking up alone, so we might have to make some changes soon." "Whatever you want, Madame Mayor." "Well, I have to go wake up Henry. I'll see you for lunch?" "Of course! That's after your doctors appointment. Right?" "That's correct." "Alright. Meet me here?" "Of course." "Alright. Have a good day, Regina." "You too. Oh! And Emma?" "Yes baby?" "I love you." "And I love you." I hung up before tossing my phone on my bed and going to Henry's room. I knocked on the 15 year old's door before going in. I found the teenager sprawled out in his bed and I smiled. "Henry." I said and started shaking him a little. He grunted in response and I smiled. He is Emma's son. "Come on. Get up." I said, smiling. "Ugh. Okay. I'm up." He groaned and rolled over onto his back, staring at the ceiling. I smiled before going back to my room and getting ready for my shower. Today's Friday, June 3rd. Emma and I have been dating for almost a year now. It'll be a year on August 2nd. But we've kept it a secret. Tink had me schedule a doctors appointment for today with an MFM specialist but she won't tell me why. I did throw up every morning for awhile but that ended almost a month ago and I'm fine now.

*Emma's POV*
I looked up as I heard heels clicking on the tile floor of the station and I smiled, seeing Regina. She looked terrified as she walked into my office. "Hey. What's going on, Reg?" I asked, standing up. She walked over to me and just collapsed into my open arms. "Hey. Love, what's wrong?" I asked, sinking to the ground and cradling her in my lap. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held onto me for dear life. "Emma, I can't do this." She whispered. "My love, what's wrong?" I asked, rocking her gently. "Emma I'm pregnant with twins."

Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady
Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

Mama, come here
Approach, appear
Daddy, I'm alone
'Cause this house don't feel like home

If you love me, don't let go

Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady
Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

Mother, I know
That you're tired of being alone
Dad, I know you're trying
To fight when you feel like flying

But if you love me, don't let go
If you love me, don't let go

Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady
Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

"Emma, baby, I love you." Regina whispered, her hands on my cheeks. I stared at her, tears in my eyes and I shook my head. "You're pregnant. W-what about us?" I asked, my voice broken. She gave a watery smile and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Baby.. They're yours... We're true loves.. True love's magic did this." She whispered. My tears immediately began falling, but for a different reason. "They're... Really?" I asked, not fully believing it. She smiled. "yes, darling. I'm 4 months pregnant. When I threw up every morning for almost a month.. That was morning sickness." She said, softly. I smiled and leaned in, kissing her gently. "We're having twins." I said, breathlessly. She nodded and smiled. "We.. We have to get married.." I mumbled. She looked up at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "These babies deserve to have a real family when they're born. I want to marry you." I said, my voice shaking. She smiled and nodded. "Let's do it today. We can drive to the next town over and just go to a courthouse. I cant wait." She said. I smiled and nodded and we left my office. It's almost 3 o'clock. Charming will be here in a few minutes for his shift. I wrote a note telling him I had to leave early before following Regina out. We got in our cars and drove to her house. She parked her car in the driveway before coming to my car and getting in on the passenger side. I looked over at her and she smiled. "Are we really doing this?" I mumbled. She bit her lip, smiling around it. "If you want to." She whispered. I nodded. "I do."

We drove back into Storybrooke around 8 pm. She's holding my right hand in both of her hands, resting them on her thigh. "We are Mrs. And Mrs. Swan-Mills." I said, smiling a wide smile. She looked at me and smiled. She nodded and I bit my lip. We stopped on our way out of the courthouse at a jewelry store and picked out a ring set. Luckily, they were our size. "Now. Let's go tell my parents." I said, smiling. "And let's move you into your home." She said, softly. My breathing hitched and I bit my lip. "And maybe we can start on a nursery." I said, softly. She squeezed my hand and I smiled, driving towards my parents place.

I took a deep breath before looking at Regina. She squeezed my hand and I bit my lip. "What if-" "Emma, sweety, we're married now. Your parents views don't relate any more." She said, cutting me off and cupping my cheek in her hand. I smiled and nodded. "Kiss me if I'm wrong, but you seem pretty nervous.." I mumbled, smiling. She chuckled, softly and smiled. "You could've just asked to kiss me." She said as she leaned in, kissing me softly. When we pulled away, I smiled brightly. I rang the doorbell and she dropped my hand. "I love you." I whispered, hearing footsteps towards the door. "I love you." She whispered back. Then the door opened, revealing the perky as ever, Mary Margret. She smiled. "Regina, Emma. What a surprise." She said, moving aside for us to come in. We walked in and she lead us to the kitchen area. She went to the island and started cutting up a cucumber. It's almost 6 pm. "What are you here for?" Mary Margret asked softly, not looking at us. I leaned against the island and Regina stood beside me, brushing our thighs together. "Uh... Mary- Snow.. Mom. We uh.. Regina and I-" "Emma and I got married today. We're expecting twins. We're true loves. Emma's the biological other parent of these babies." Regina said, laying her hand on the small of my back. I bit my lip and mom froze. "Emma.. Is that true?" She said, her voice dangerously calm. "I... Yes. I love Regina. We.. We've been dating for almost a year now.." I mumbled. I moved closer to Regina and she slid her hand around to my hip. "D-does Henry know?" She asked, her voice frantic and her cutting growing harsh. "Uh.. Not yet.." I said, softly. She slammed the knife down, causing Regina and I to jump as she looked up. "No. This is wrong, Emma. Regina is a woman. And she's the-" "don't you dare say she is the evil queen!" I spit, slamming my fist down on the island. Regina and Snow both jumped and I felt my anger rising. "She is my wife. I love her and I will not let you say that shit that isn't true. I don't give a single fuck what you think is right or wrong. If you don't accept it, consider yourself written off as the children's grandmother." I spit before turning around and leaving the apartment. I ran down the stairs and out of the building before I heard Regina calling after me. "Emma, baby, calm down." she said and rushed over to me, pulling me into her arms. I felt the tears in my eyes as I collapsed into her. "How could she?" I asked. She rubbed my back. "Shh. It's okay baby."
----------
"One more push Regina! Come on, you're doing great." Dr. Whale said, happily. "It hurts!" Regina screamed. "Shh baby. You're doing amazing." I whispered, placing a kiss to her head.

I sat in the hospital bed beside Regina as we each held one of our babies. "Riley Alexa Swan-Mills and Jamison Alex Swan-Mills. Our little girl and little boy.. I'm so proud of you." I said, staring down at the little boy wrapped in a blue blanket in my arms. "I love you Emma." Regina said, softly. I smiled and nudged her shoulder with mine. "I love you." I said and then Henry burst into the room. "Moms.." He said, happily. We smiled. "Come meet your little brother and little sister." I said. He nodded and walked over, sitting down in the recliner beside Regina's bed. "I love our family." He said, smiling. I smiled and looked at Regina, who was already staring at me. "Me too." She whispered. I smiled and leaned in, kissing her gently. Me three.